It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am

UK Theater organist Tom Horton uses 310 Paramount

Playing or learning the organ, hints, tips and tricks, registrations, techniques, fingerings, ...
  • Author

1961TC4ME

UK Theater organist Tom Horton uses 310 Paramount

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 11:57 am

Hi all,

I was pointed to UK theater organist Tom Horton in the past and I enjoy watching his many videos on the theater organ he has online. I ran into this particular video of his the other day and lo and behold if he not only uses Hauptwerk, but he also uses and likes the Paramount 310. In fact it also sounds like he not only uses the 310 for teaching his online students, in a pinch during this wonderful pandemic we're all dealing with he has also done some online concerts using the 310. If you look through his videos you'll find them.

In this particular video which I thought would be very helpful, especially for us less that proficient theater organ folks, he goes over 15 of his favorite registrations using the 310. It shows that although the 310 is free and because of that you'd maybe think your're then missing out on something, it instead certainly shows that the 310 is more than capable of many great sounds.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4p5fRnG9vE&t=693s

Marc

Return to Performance practice