It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

Celestes On/Off in CODM

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Octavin_32

Celestes On/Off in CODM

PostFri May 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi all,
I'm trying to make in CODM the theater organ stop to switch on and off the celestes. I already have all the celestes attached to non-standart division 9. The point is that the effect shouldn't be just a coupler since the celestes should be affected by the same up/sub octaves as the main strings (even when coupled to other divisions as well). By linking both coupplers (the one for the main division stops and the one for the non-standart division-celeste stops) I make the celeste stops be affected by the same upper/lower couplers as the main stop for which these work with, but... what can I do to switch those celeste stops on and off? Something like wind on/off? I made my homework before bodering here, but I can't find anywhere in the CODM support file.
Thank you!
Size is never important...........enough...

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Celestes On/Off in CODM

PostWed May 08, 2013 1:34 pm

I replied to your email and am following up here.

I think the option StopCodeFromWhichToCopyState may do what you are wanting to do if I understand your question correctly. You could use this to trigger both the celeste and the main rank together.

See page 76 of the Hauptwerk CODM guide for further information.

Does this help?
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Octavin_32

PostWed May 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Thank you Brett,
well... not really. I'll try to explain in a differentway:

In the eco division I have 6 string stops. Each string stops have a celeste stop. But I don't want to use 6 drawknobs for the 6 celestes, so my intention is to have one drawknob for celestes. The celeste drawknob shouldn't switch on all the 6 celeste stops at the same time, but only the corresponding to the strings in on position. Just like the celestes on/off in theater organs. Let me describe an example:

This are the rank IDs

81. Saliciona 16
82. Viola DO 8'
83. Gamba 8'
84. Eolina 8'
85. Salicet 4'
87. Celestes On
---
101. Salicional celeste 16'
102. Viola DO celeste 8'
103. Gamba celeste 8'
104. Eolina celeste 8'
105. Salicet celeste 4'

A. When I switch on either 81, 82, 83...85, the correspondent celeste is prepared on (101, 102... 105) but it doesn't sound until I switch on Nº 87 (Celestes on).
B. If I switch on 84 and also 4' coupler, the Eolina will sound in 8' and 4'. When, in addition to that, I switch on Nº 87 (Celestes on), then we will have 84. Eolina in 8' and 4', and 104. Eolina celeste in 8' and 4'
C. If I switch on 83. Gamba 8', and I couple to the positive in 16', 8' and 4', I will have in positive a Gamba 16', 8' and 4' When, in addition to that, I switch on Nº 87 (Celestes on), then we will have on Positive 83. Gamba 16', 8' and 4' and 103. Gamba celeste 16', 8' and 4'.

I can do everything here except the Nº 87 Celestes On. What can that be in CODM?

Thank you!

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed May 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks for clarifying.

That wouldn't be possible in the CODM, you would need to use the full ODF format for more complex switch linkages such as this.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Octavin_32

PostWed May 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Ok Brett, thank you for clarifying, I have being several days trying ways.

PCF

PostTue Apr 14, 2020 11:43 am

Octavin_32 wrote:Thank you Brett,
well... not really. I'll try to explain in a differentway:

In the eco division I have 6 string stops. Each string stops have a celeste stop. But I don't want to use 6 drawknobs for the 6 celestes, so my intention is to have one drawknob for celestes. The celeste drawknob shouldn't switch on all the 6 celeste stops at the same time, but only the corresponding to the strings in on position. Just like the celestes on/off in theater organs. Let me describe an example:

This are the rank IDs

81. Saliciona 16
82. Viola DO 8'
83. Gamba 8'
84. Eolina 8'
85. Salicet 4'
87. Celestes On
---
101. Salicional celeste 16'
102. Viola DO celeste 8'
103. Gamba celeste 8'
104. Eolina celeste 8'
105. Salicet celeste 4'

A. When I switch on either 81, 82, 83...85, the correspondent celeste is prepared on (101, 102... 105) but it doesn't sound until I switch on Nº 87 (Celestes on).
B. If I switch on 84 and also 4' coupler, the Eolina will sound in 8' and 4'. When, in addition to that, I switch on Nº 87 (Celestes on), then we will have 84. Eolina in 8' and 4', and 104. Eolina celeste in 8' and 4'
C. If I switch on 83. Gamba 8', and I couple to the positive in 16', 8' and 4', I will have in positive a Gamba 16', 8' and 4' When, in addition to that, I switch on Nº 87 (Celestes on), then we will have on Positive 83. Gamba 16', 8' and 4' and 103. Gamba celeste 16', 8' and 4'.

I can do everything here except the Nº 87 Celestes On. What can that be in CODM?

Thank you!

Dear Brett / Martin,

I am just wondering whether the above request by Octavin_32 can now be achieved in HW5.

Best,
Pharny

mdyde

PostTue Apr 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello Pharny,

The current Hauptwerk version (v5.0.1) doesn't have any extension to the ODF logic capabilities of the CODM above the version (v4.0.0) that was current when this topic was posted. Hence the situation is unchanged with regard to this topic, I'm afraid. (We do have enhancement requests logged for adding support for more complex switching logic within the CODM, especially to make implementing some theatre organ feature feasible/simpler.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

organsRgreat

PostWed Apr 15, 2020 6:22 am

It probably isn't this simple, but . . . I assume all the celestes you want to turn on or off are on separate stop controls (drawstops or tabs)? In that case would it be possible to set up two scoped pistons to affect just those controls, then set the first scoped piston to turn all those controls off, and the second to turn them all on?

I use this method to turn on or off all the tremulants on the Paramount 341, and it works perfectly. As Martin hasn't suggested this I've probably misunderstood the question, but maybe the idea will stimulate further thinking.

mdyde

PostWed Apr 15, 2020 8:06 am

Hello Pharny/organsRgreat,

You might indeed be able to use Hauptwerk's master scoped and/or master reversible pistons to achieve something usefully similar. You almost certainly could actually implement it entirely within the CODM with a little ingenuity (involving a non-standard division for the celestes, with duplicated/state-copied couplers, and perhaps even another intermediate non-standard division so as to implement a logic 'and'), but I'll have to leave you to ponder the possibilities.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jrball

PostWed Apr 15, 2020 4:53 pm

The Uniflex organ control software implements simple and/not logic.
Here is an example where links (LNK) are inserted between stops (STP) and ranks (FNC) to effect simple logic.

These stops are the basic flute and its celeste:
STP131: `8' Concert Flute`
STP290: "Flute Celeste ON"

The celeste stop is linked via AND clause to invoke function FNC517 only when true;
LNK444: `8' Concert Flute Celeste` (STP131 and STP290) FNC517

This function then turns on the celeste rank:
FNC517: `8' Concert Flute Celeste`

NOT logic is also supported:
LNK413: `16' Salicional Celeste` ((STP30 and STP308) and ~STP292) FNC464

Could something similar be done in the StopRank table?

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)