It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

How swap Mixtures?

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

MatemXVI

How swap Mixtures?

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Hello.
If this post is in wrong thread, sorry and please moving it.
I have samples Friesach by Piotr Grabowski. I'd like swap beetwen manuals Mixtures - Mixtur Minor 2 2/3'(now is in I) and Plein Jeu(now is in II). I replaced files this mixtures, but each play other, not matching noises, beacuse intervals doesn't agree.
How can replaces this Mixtures? Maybe I'should something change in file XML in organ definition?
Last edited by MatemXVI on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnailor

Re: How swap Mixtures?

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 2:58 pm

The only supported way to do that would be writing an XML description for the custom organ design module (CODM) and altering the stop-rank table entries for the mixtures. That is a lot of work. There are examples shipped with HW that you can edit (extensively) to try it, but I wouldn't do that much work for such a small gain.

Some samplesets don't support CODM at all -- don't know about Friesach.

MatemXVI

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 5:54 pm

larason2

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 9:58 pm

It looks like you posted Friesach's ODF. Unfortunately, none of us are in a position to be able to edit ODF's. I agree with mnailor's suggestion that you create a CODM file with the ranks you want. If you don't have much experience programming, you can use a program like MYCO to create one fairly easily. In the past, other users with CODM experience have volunteered to help make one. There are also others who program CODM files for a fee.

mnailor

PostSun Feb 16, 2020 7:15 am

Also you might want to check whether publishing the ODF violates PG's license agreement. That's usually proprietary. I was not suggesting altering the ODF.

MatemXVI

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 8:34 am

Properly depends, that change stop Mixtur with first manual, from stop 2 2/3' to 2'.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)