It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

Combining sampled and software tremulants

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

larason2

Combining sampled and software tremulants

PostSat Feb 22, 2020 2:31 pm

I have been thoroughly enjoying learning how to program CODM files. I have been reading old posts on the forum, and the CODM documentation, however the one thing I’m having trouble figuring out is if it is possible to have a single button activate sampled and software tremulants simultaneously. I’ve tried having a stop entry activate the tremulant, but I couldn’t find how to get that to work. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

engrssc

Re: Combining sampled and software tremulants

PostSat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm

My question would be, why would you want to do that? Would see that as a strange worble effect as the two unsynchronous effects would beat together. I could possibly see selecting one or the other.

Rgds,
Ed

larason2

PostSat Feb 22, 2020 6:01 pm

St. Eucaire has one stop (the Vox Humana) that has a sampled tremulant. The other stops do not. However, the software tremulant waveform perfectly matches the tremulant of the Vox Humana. It works well in practice, however I’d like to activate it with one button.

mdyde

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 6:33 am

Hello larson2,

There isn't a native means within the CODM itself to achieve that currently (<=v5.0), I'm afraid. The Stop/Coupler/TremulantFromWhichToCopyState attributes would be ideal, except that currently they only allow copying states from objects of the same type. I'll log as enhancement request that it would be useful also to include additional Stop/Coupler/TremulantFromWhichToCopyState attributes that allow copying states from the other object types.

Currently, I think you would just need to use one of Hauptwerk's master reversibles (e.g. on the Registration large control panel) to toggled both the relevant 'stop' and tremulant on/off together.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

larason2

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 am

That’s good to know, thanks for your reply.

mdyde

PostTue Feb 25, 2020 6:40 am

Thanks. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)