It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

help!CODM error

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

giovdan

help!CODM error

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 8:05 am

Hi All,
I hope all of you are well in this hard time...
In these days I've done some experiments and created my own model with CODM edited in .xlm (with UltraEdit software); the problem is this: when I try to upload file I always get sample number ID. System dont't find xorrect ranks but the whole thing is properly installed in the directories. Can I solve it somehow?
Thanks for your help!

GD

mdyde

Re: help!CODM error

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 8:30 am

Hello GD,

My first guesses would be that you've either accidentally mistyped the name/path of the folder containing the rank's samples slightly (which is very easy to do, even if it looks correct), or that you've specified the wrong installation package ID (or that you're using a Mac and installed macOS with the non-default case-sensitive file system and that the name/path of the folder you specified has the wrong case).

Also, when loading the CODM organ via 'Design tools | Load custom organ ...', to guard against the possibility of the cache being out of date in case you've changed a sample in your CODM ODF since the cache was generated, keep all of the options ticked on the 'Load Organ Design Options' screen *except* for:

- 'Do not save data to sample set data cache ...'.
- 'Skip all organ definition validation ...'.

If those things don't help to find the problem then please copy and paste the full exact text of the line with the error message (and the preceding lines that contain any errors) from the log (Help | View activity log'), so that we can see the specific errors you're getting.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am

Hello again GD,

I can see from the diagnostic file that you're still using Hauptwerk v4, which we only officially support for people who bought it less than a year ago, so I'm afraid we can't offer very much help officially with that -- sorry, but briefly:

The most recent error your getting is:

2020-04-01-10-44-26: INF:2103 Starting to load the custom organ file ExampleGiovanniOrgan-Mets-Plus.CustomOrgan_Hauptwerk_xml.

2020-04-01-10-44-28: ERR:2241 Rank 'Grande-Orgue: Mixture IV (Velesovo)' is invalid - 'pipe/HW/Mixtur4x/AB/sslinked' is specified as a sample folder within installation package ID 000831, but that folder doesn't exist. To load a custom organ, all referenced ranks of samples must be installed and present.

Hence you must either have specified the wrong installation package ID (000831) in your CODM ODF, or mistyped the folder path within the package ('pipe/HW/Mixtur4x/AB/sslinked'), or that package (000831) isn't actually installed.

I'll need to leave you to investigate that one.
Best regards, Martin.

giovdan

PostThu Apr 02, 2020 5:00 am

Hi Martin,
thanks a lot;I will check by following your advice; I think the wording is a mistake in "sslinked" text,
does not exist in the specific folder...
I do not know if I will be able to fix it easily, thus seeing the code that I used for testing it seems to me full of errors.
Too bad because the idea of ​​adding some registers to Metz (among trompette en chamade...) is very good. I wanted to get a hand because the original sounds very synthetic, far from the realism of the original Mets sample; the first thing I wanted to change is the Recit's "expression" which sounds very bad while, in the original, it is very realistic.
Thanks again, one last thing: in Hauptwerk version 5 are there significant changes in CODM functions?
Have a nice day, best regards!

GD

mdyde

PostThu Apr 02, 2020 5:26 am

Thanks, GD.

giovdan wrote:oo bad because the idea of ​​adding some registers to Metz (among trompette en chamade...) is very good. I wanted to get a hand because the original sounds very synthetic, far from the realism of the original Mets sample; the first thing I wanted to change is the Recit's "expression" which sounds very bad while, in the original, it is very realistic.

An organ definition created via the CODM can usually sound as good as a 'full-format' organ definition (ODF) supplied by a sample set maker, if the same samples are used in the same way, and voiced in the same way. (Synthesizing additional ranks/pipes via real-time pitch-stretching is inevitably likely to sound less realistic, for example.) Sample set producer-supplied full-format ODFs often contain voicing information, which CODM ODFs can't do directly, but you can use the voicing screen for that purpose.

giovdan wrote:one last thing: in Hauptwerk version 5 are there significant changes in CODM functions?

There are some CODM enhancements, although most (excepting SQLite database import/export) are relatively minor. (However, there are lots of other major improvements in v5 above v4.) You can find the full list of v5 changes in the release notice: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)