It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

3-position Stop switch

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

takatsa

3-position Stop switch

PostThu Aug 06, 2020 10:30 am

I want to model an organ like this.
The point is that there are no separate stops for the first and second manuals, but a three-position switch can be used to turn the stop off or on for the first manual or on for the second manual. There can only be a "or" relationship between the three positions, there can be no "or/and". So the stop can sound on one manual at a time, it cannot be on "on" both manuals at the same time. (Of course, switching on both manuals can be solved with a coupler in this case).
My question is, can this be solved in CODM? It is also good for me if two switches belong to a stop, but the important thing is that if one switch goes to the "on" position, the other switch will automatically take the "off" position.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Augustine

mdyde

Re: 3-position Stop switch

PostThu Aug 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Hello Augustine,

There isn't currently a native means within the CODM to make a switch (stop/coupler/tremulant) change state automatically to the opposite state of another, I'm afraid.

Here are some other recent topics that discuss that (or similar things), in case any of the work-arounds that people have tried might be of any use to you:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18516
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18877
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18750

(E.g. perhaps you could do it with duplicated ranks, using 'tremmed/untremmed' switches to switch each between real pipe samples and silent samples, or something along those lines. However, I'll have to leave that to you if you want to try that.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

takatsa

PostThu Aug 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Thank you very much Martin for your quick reply. Although I would have been happier with a slower but not negative response. :)
I think this would be feasible in ODF, it would just be simpler in CODM. This problem may be of interest to others, because the solution of the slider twin-chest is relatively common in smaller German Baroque organs.

mdyde

PostFri Aug 07, 2020 3:30 am

Thanks, Augustine.

Yes -- it's certainly possible to implement within 'full-format' ODFs (as indeed any logic is).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)