It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

CODM Buttons not displaying properly in Hauptwerk IV

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

larason2

CODM Buttons not displaying properly in Hauptwerk IV

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm

I am working on a new custom organ for Hauptwerk that I would like to release for both Hauptwerk V and IV. Everything looks and works perfectly in Hauptwerk V. When I load the organ in Hauptwerk IV, making all the necessary changes to the CODM file, the organ works well. However, the custom buttons and keyboards I designed that display perfectly in Hauptwerk V do not display correctly in Hauptwerk IV. The buttons still work as buttons if you click on the area, however all that is visible is some white pixels on the margins on the button. After clicking, there is no change in the picture of the button at all, though as previously mentioned, the stop works. I tried reversing the mask, but all that did was totally erase the button (no white pixels on the margins), though the buttons still worked. I tried deleting the mask from the CODM, and the buttons display and work correctly, but they are not masked. As for the keyboards, they look like a keyboard and function correctly, but they keys are no longer lined up, and there are pixellated dark patches on the keys. I can make do without a mask for the buttons, however the keyboards will not display correctly without masks. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the images to work correctly in IV? Thanks for your help!

mdyde

Re: CODM Buttons not displaying properly in Hauptwerk IV

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Hello larason2,

I'm afraid I'll have to leave that one to you/others, given that v4 is no longer officially supported. My very brief thoughts would be that perhaps you made some mistake when 'back-porting' the v5 CODM ODF to v4, since there weren't any CODM changes between v4 and v5 relating to screen display (except for allowing large font sizes). You could perhaps try loading your v4 CODM ODF unaltered in v5 to see whether it works there, and/or check whether the v4 CODM example organs that use custom images for buttons (e.g. the 'St. Anne's with all frills' one) work in v4 (they should) and compare your ODF to those.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)