It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

Error message when loading ranks from Sonus Paradisi

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

GeoffP

Error message when loading ranks from Sonus Paradisi

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 am

Hello

I have just started using CODM. I am using the simplest template provided, Custom Organ 1, and HW 5. I am getting on fine with it until I try to load the ranks themselves.

It works fine with Milan samples such as St Annes as used in the worked examples. But when I try to use a Sonus Paradisi sample set which is what I want to do I run into difficulties.

I have located what I think are the equivalent files. For example, for Noordbroek I have identified files for each rank such as

pipes/HW/HW_Praestant8/03-ortf_HW_Praestant8

Within this there are folders for rel00220, rel00450 and rel99999. I believe from previous correspondence on this forum that the former of these is for short release, then medium releases, and then the main samples.

One thing that confuses me is that there is also similar data under the parent folder itself, it seems like there are 4 sets of data rather than 3.

I have coded these files into the XML. but when I load the organ using 'load custom organ' I get the error message below -

could not load sample IDxxxx ( file name as above rel99999/036-c.wav) into pipe IDxxxx - the specified loop range does not exist within the file diagnostic error number 4664

It seems to be falling over at the first thing it tries to do with the file, which suggests to me that it is failing to read the file, perhaps because it is a wrong file or it expects a different format.

If I switch over these different folders in a different order the same thing happens. I have tried with 4 different sample sets, both encrypted and unencrypted, and exactly the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

mdyde

Re: Error message when loading ranks from Sonus Paradisi

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 4:29 am

Hello Geoff,

GeoffP wrote:could not load sample IDxxxx ( file name as above rel99999/036-c.wav) into pipe IDxxxx - the specified loop range does not exist within the file diagnostic error number 4664

That error message effectively means that, for a given pipe, the sample file that you're trying to load as the pipe's attack/sustain doesn't actually have a loop in it, so evidently the the sample file isn't actually an attack/sustain sample (and is presumably instead purely a release sample).

I don't have the Noordbroek sample set here, but looking at an older v4-format Sonus Paradisi sample set that I happen to have handy (SP's Dom Bedos), and picking an arbitrary pipe rank (Postive Montre), it appears that the samples are are laid out as follows:

Attack/sustain sample folder: pipe\positiv_fr\montre
Short-note release sample folder: pipe\positiv_fr\montre\rel00200
Medium-note release sample folder: pipe\positiv_fr\montre\rel00400
Sample folder for default release samples, given that SP appear to have used separate sample files for the long-note releases (as opposed to having them within the main attack/sustain sample files as MDA's sample sets do): pipe\positiv_fr\montre\rel99999

Assuming that's correct, and that the short/medium-release folder names indicate the note durations in milliseconds, for the CODM Rank entity you would specify:

Samples_MainSampleFileFolder=pipe\positiv_fr\montre
Samples_RelSampleFileFolderIfRelSamplesStoredInSeparateFiles=pipe\positiv_fr\montre\rel99999
Samples_ShortNoteReleaseSampleFileFolderIfAny=pipe\positiv_fr\montre\rel00200
Samples_MaxNoteTimeMsForShortNoteReleaseSamplesIfAny=200
Samples_MediumNoteReleaseSampleFileFolderIfAny=pipe\positiv_fr\montre\rel00400
Samples_MaxNoteTimeMsForMediumNoteReleaseSamplesIfAny=400

(SP might possibly have laid the files out differently for other/later sample sets.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

GeoffP

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 am

Many thanks Martin for your very prompt reply (and everything else you do to make our enjoyment of Hauptwerk possible!) I will try now to locate the correct files. Geoff.

mdyde

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 6:58 am

Thanks very much, Geoff. You're very welcome. Hope it helps.
Best regards, Martin.

GeoffP

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 8:24 am

Hello
I have investigated further.
In older Sonus Paradisi sets ( I have looked at Dom Bedos, Kdousov. Greccio. Smecno) there is a folder called 'pipe' which includes rank level information divided by release length as you describe, as well as other folders including information which is not by rank.
In more recent sets this folder seems to have been split in 2, there is a folder called 'pipe' which includes folders for each division containing attack and release folders but these are for each key not each rank and not divided by release length. There is then also a folder called 'pipes' which includes all the rank level information, divided into folders by release length.
So I think the folders I have specified are the equivalents of the ones you suggest, just under a slightly different folder headings reflecting this slightly revised structure.
As they are the only folders with rank level information I feel they must be the correct folders.
I am suspicious that this particular message occurs not because the data referred to is missing but simply because the file is not being successfully read, perhaps due to some formatting issue. However other people must have used these templates with Sonus Paradisi sets so it doesn't make sense.
Best regards, Geoff.

GeoffP

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 8:31 am

Martin

I have spotted a difference in your XML syntax to mine.
I specified the main folder as the rel99999 one, and left the line for separate folders blank as it was in the St Annes worked example.
But you have specified the main folder as the parent folder, and listed the rel99999 in the line for separate folders.
I will have a go at changing the syntax to be like yours and see if that makes a difference.

You never know, this could be the answer!

Regards, Geoff.

GeoffP

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 9:02 am

Success!

Thanks so much.

Geoff.

mdyde

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 am

Excellent! Thanks, Geoff.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)