It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

Missing "Sys_ObjectID"

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

larason2

Missing "Sys_ObjectID"

PostWed May 19, 2021 10:55 pm

I have produced a CODM file in Hauptwerk V for someone, however they have Hauptwerk IV. I attempted to port the CODM file for them in version IV, but they get the following message: Validation failed for the _General object named '_General' - the mandatory attribute 'Sys_ObjectID' is not specified" (message code 0801).

Now, I have run into this problem before when porting for Hauptwerk IV, and what I did in the past was open Hauptwerk IV (which I still had running on another computer), and copy the missing line of code from a Hauptwerk IV CODM example. However, now I no longer have access to any Hauptwerk IV CODM code, and I forget what exactly I had to write to get the CODM code to run in Hauptwerk IV. Would anyone be able to help me? Thanks!

I think it might be something like:
<Sys_ObjectID>1</Sys_ObjectID>
or similar. Thanks!

mdyde

Re: Missing "Sys_ObjectID"

PostThu May 20, 2021 3:33 am

Hello larason2,

Yes -- that's correct -- in Hauptwerk v4 the _General object needed a Sys_ObjectID attribute set to 1, i.e. the following line would be included within the XML:

If you search the contents of 'Design tools | View Custom Organ Design Module ... format documentation' for 'HWv5' and 'HWv6' you will find a list of all new/changed/removed attributes in each of the versions.

(Caveat: we don't officially support v4 any longer, and back-porting organ definitions from one version to an older one is never officially supported either; ODF attributes may have changed or been migrated between versions.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

larason2

PostThu May 20, 2021 8:23 am

Thanks Martin, that’s very helpful!

mdyde

PostThu May 20, 2021 8:36 am

Thanks. You're welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

larason2

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 pm

I've been working on this project a bit more, and unfortunately I haven't been able to make any progress. I've been putting the line of code in the appropriate place as CODM files that work, but I have kept getting the message "Validation failed for _General object named '882504:St. John Baptist/Evangelist Lublin' - the mandatory attribute 'Sys_ObjectID' is not specified." The same CODM file works flawlessly in Hauptwerk V prior to adding the "Sys_ObjectID" line of code. I know back porting isn't officially supported, but I also don't know what else to do to try to get this to work. Is there another line of code further down I should try to modify? Any further advice would be appreciated! I've added below the first lines of code in case anyone sees anything I can't see. Thanks!

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Hauptwerk FileFormat="CustomOrgan" FileFormatVersion="4.00">
<ObjectList ObjectType="_general">
   <_general>
      <UniqueOrganID>882504</UniqueOrganID>
      <Name>St. John Baptist/Evangelist Custom ODF</Name>
      <ShortName>St John Lublin</ShortName>
      <OrganDefinitionFilenameExcludingExtension>St John Lublin</OrganDefinitionFilenameExcludingExtension>
      <CurrentHauptwerkVersion>4</CurrentHauptwerkVersion>
      <SampleRateCode>2</SampleRateCode>
      <VisualAppearanceCode>1</VisualAppearanceCode>

mdyde

PostWed Jun 30, 2021 4:07 am

Hello larason2,

I think you (or whoever was testing it for you in v4) must have mixed the files up somewhere. I can see nothing wrong with your code excerpt, and if I take a Hauptwerk v5-format CODM ODF, replace its first lines with your code excerpt (copied/pasted in its entirety), it loads without error for me in v4.
Best regards, Martin.

larason2

PostWed Jun 30, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks Martin, that’s very helpful! I was sure the code was ok, but I wanted to make sure the error wasn’t in something I did! I will see what we can optimize on the user’s end.

mdyde

PostThu Jul 01, 2021 3:09 am

Thanks. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

larason2

PostMon Aug 23, 2021 11:33 am

I just wanted to provide an update. After much thought, it dawned on me that while I added the missing "Sys_ObjectID" line to the CODM file, I neglected to add this file to the appropriate XML file in the installation package. I added the same line of code to the installation package XML file, and my back-ported CODM file worked perfectly. Thanks Martin for your help!

mdyde

PostMon Aug 23, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks. Excellent!
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)