It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

Interesting find for inexpensive mount for touch-screens...

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

bobhehmann

Interesting find for inexpensive mount for touch-screens...

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 9:20 pm

Been prototyping a lot of components for my console build later this year. I'd decided to go the route of having two touch-screens implementing my virtual stop-jambs. When investigating adjustable monitor-mounts, I was taken back a bit by their costs - often more than (USD) $100-200 each, if they could even be purchased. Somehow, the Amazon algorithm popped up a recommendation to me last night for a $28 mount - which I immediately purchased, and received 10 hours later. Not bad at all for that price! Of course, time will tell if it is structurally long-lived, but build quality seems excellent for any price.

It is model F80 by NB ("North Bayou"). It specs state it works with 17-30 inch monitors from 4-20 lbs. weight. It has an adjustable gas-strut mechanism that compensates for monitor weight, and is adjustable in more axis than I care to count: up/down, swivel about base-mount axis, swivel about canted arm axis, twist left/right, tilt up/down, rotate landscape/portrait. It comes with two mounting systems in the box, one for clamping to a table edge (10-90mm thick), the other for mounting through a hole in the desk (10-50mm diameter). Finish is gloss black enamel, with very nice plastic shrouds and cable runs, giving it a more finished look than anything else I've seen. It sports a VESA mount, both 75x75mm and 100x100mm. Assembly hex wrenches included. The Amazon listing has a good set of photos, and a couple of short videos showing it in use. It took me about three minutes from box open to clamped to my temp organ desk. Now waiting on the monitor to attach. Wonder if I can jury-rig a coffee-cup holder to the VESA plate for the interim... Design esthetic resembles a sci-fi robotic arm.
Cheers, Bob

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI