It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 am

I need some buttons for pistons

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

1961TC4ME

Re: I need some buttons for pistons

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 7:00 pm

So, from what I'm reading here then is the x-keys should work fine for auto detecting each key for triggering pistons much in the same way you could use the keys on a regular computer keyboard, midi keyboard, etc., to do the same without any additional worry of needing anything in addition? In other words plug and play?

Marc

Romanos

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 7:31 pm

1961TC4ME wrote:So, from what I'm reading here then is the x-keys should work fine for auto detecting each key for triggering pistons much in the same way you could use the keys on a regular computer keyboard, midi keyboard, etc., to do the same without any additional worry of needing anything in addition? In other words plug and play?

Marc

I don’t believe so. You have to program the x keys to send some sort of specific key command. Once you set up whatever it may be (make it weird combinations if you have to) THEN you could do auto detect I’m HW.

engrssc

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 7:33 pm

Definitely not plug and play. See:
https://xkeys.com/software/softwarewindows.html
[url]https://xkeys.com/software/softwarecontrollermate.html[/url

As long as you don't use touch screens, you should be ok after you do the above programming.

I gave up on X-Keys back with HW 4.0 when I spent quite a bit of time. Since then all my X-Keys
units are RIP-ing in a used parts cabinet. What I did with that XK-16 stick was to cannibalize it
and connected the switch contacts and LEDs to a LITSW from Midi Hardware with a 4 conductor
cable to a Master Controller (which HW was very pleased with). I liked the small profile of the
XK-16 and those cool 8) blue LEDs. Easy to pop,off the key caps for printed labels/legends..

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI