It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

Seeking Roman Sowa of MIDI-hardware

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

GTC

Re: Seeking Roman Sowa of MIDI-hardware

PostMon May 03, 2021 9:04 pm

engrssc wrote:If the most important issue.is time related, there is a USA supplier, for which I have no experience:

DTS Midi Systems
DesignTech Systems, Inc.
Downers Grove, IL
630-324-8199
info@dtsmidisystems.com

Available from the following
Arndt Organ Supply
http://www.arndtorgansupply.com

Thanks. Interestingly DTS has its own online shop. You can add to cart on their site and it creates a PayPal invoice.

murph

PostTue May 04, 2021 7:37 pm

engrssc wrote:While I can't make any commitments on behalf of Roman, I do know the sooner you place an order and get in the que, the sooner you will receive the order. The order I placed last week has been acknowledged the next day and received an order number. He ships via FedEx which usually is quite fast.

Two other suppliers I use are:

Chris - https://orgautomatech.fr/

and:

Gino - https://www.shop.gino-midi.nl/winkel/?lang=en

Rgds,
Ed

Thanks for this! I've just ordered one of Chris's boards to drive the lights in a set of 48 lighted rocker tabs I got off Ebay. Much cheaper than designing my own!

engrssc

PostTue May 04, 2021 8:05 pm

murph wrote:[Thanks for this! I've just ordered one of Chris's boards to drive the lights in a set of 48 lighted rocker tabs I got off Ebay. Much cheaper than designing my own!

BTW, Chris sells DIY decoder boards in both 32 and 64 positions. Easy to assemble and work well. He ships most boards (regardless of how many) at the same cost. So if you think you may need more in the future, it pays to order them at the same time. His boards are very high quality equal to those of the main MIDI suppliers I've mentioned.

https://orgautomatech.fr/produit/midi2org64/

For the DIY board, click on the - Fully assembled and tested box

Midi2Org 64 versions
Soldering kit
Clear
Arrives with all needed component to solder on the printed circuit. Needs soldering iron and some electronic skill.

€65.00
In stock

Midi2org 64 quantity
Add to cart
SKU: M2O64-kit Category: Midi decoder boards Tags: Midi decoder board, midi interface

If you want the DIY version and instead ordered the Fully assembled variety as long as it hasn't been shipped, I'm pretty sure he would make the change as he is very accommodating and a nice guy to deal with. (Here's your chance to brush up on your French, but he communicates very well in English).. :wink:

Encoder boards only are available fully assembled.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murph

PostTue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm

That's the one I got!
Once the coupler rail is up and running, the drawknobs with oled labels project is next.
Somewhere in the middle is midifying the ivory keyboards.... (The Yamaha's work for now!).

engrssc

PostTue May 04, 2021 8:39 pm

Sounds like a neat project. Do keep us informed.

Hopefully some of our chit-chat is of some interest to others as well. Over the years, I've learned alot "looking over the shoulder" of many Forum members here. :) .

Rgds,
Ed

murph

PostTue May 04, 2021 9:00 pm

First observation from this: to remove the old labels from the tabs; lift the tab tops from the base. Then pop the centres out. Give the inserts a quick wash in isopropyl alcohol. That gets rid of the old engraving (you can't see the indents!). Wash in warm soapy water, then rinse. Now you have a blank canvas to put a new Dymo label on! (Extra sticky black on clear gets my vote!)

Now: who has suggestions for the order of the couplers? It will be a row of 32 over a row of 16. Manuals above, pedal and "bits" below.

GTC

PostWed May 05, 2021 2:48 am

engrssc wrote:Sounds like a neat project. Do keep us informed.

Yes, indeed, but please create a new thread for that. We are wandering off the topic of Roman Sowa's modules.
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI