It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am

Lowrey lx400

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

TheatreOrganNo1

Lowrey lx400

PostSun Nov 06, 2022 4:07 pm

Anyone use a Lowrey lx400 with HW?.
I looked at one, but the Expression ped didn't work.
I turned up all the volumes and nothing.
I saw two black tinned wires behind the pedal that wernt attached to anything. I wish I would habe taken my laptop to test midi. I'm hoping some one has some experience with one hehe.

Thanks, Jake
Jake C.
Organ Tuner, Shop Assistant at Carlton Smith Pipe Organ Restorations.
Atos-Cicatos
bartonbrass@sbcglobal.net

larason2

Re: Lowrey lx400

PostSun Nov 06, 2022 9:05 pm

No direct experience, but from what I saw online, the LX400 promenade is from 1995. That's after Kawai bought Lowrey in 1988. From what I understand, after the acquisition Kawai started providing the sounds and presumably also the hardware. If the pedal didn't control expression on the organ, then it wasn't working. It could be a matter of reconnecting those wires, but the hardware could have been damaged too. I would think the pedal could have been expected to send midi signals given the era, but I'm not sure about that. Most organs by then did.

kwbmusic

Re: Lowrey lx400

PostMon Nov 07, 2022 5:06 pm

I successfully used a Hammond SX2500 which had midi connections. However the expression pedal also didn't work. I assumed it was not sending midi signals. As a learner organist I just did without the pedal and used sliders on a midi control box.
Keith

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI