It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 am

Skinned Behringer UMX610 w/flashing LEDs

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

magnaton

Skinned Behringer UMX610 w/flashing LEDs

PostMon Sep 18, 2023 11:40 am

Hello:

I received a VPO conversion done by a separate firm that uses three UMX610 keyboards. Each are attached by a USB cable for power and MIDI data. The base PCBs are in place with certain connections fused or terminated so the keyboard thinks the other buttons and sliders are still intact.

After several months of solid performance, the top keyboard is not being recognized by HW. The reason is when the computer starts, the small daughter PCB with 4 LEDs and black buttons start to flash in a sequence. I'm using a powered USB hub so I tried attaching it directly to the HW computer when booting but still no luck. I did find a work around: when the computer is booting up, simply unplug and plug its USB cable back in. My guess is its finding the USB driver on the 2nd attempt vs the initial start? The other 2 UMX610s work flawlessly without this issue.

Does anyone know of a cure to resolve this flashing light sequence. I found this issue on YouTube but the poster didn't allow comments or turned them off?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_uiXhpbk0k

This VPO has already been delivered and so I'm looking for several possible fixes to try while on-site. One of which would be to connect a 9v pwr adapter and separate MIDI cable vs the USB design.

Thanks in advance,

Danny B
VOCEInstruments.com

Andrew Grahame

Re: Skinned Behringer UMX610 w/flashing LEDs

PostMon Sep 18, 2023 3:09 pm

You may need to perform a factory reset. Go online to find the user guide.

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sy ... 938142.pdf

Section 4.2.11 describes how to do a factory reset. You'll need to identify where the Assign button is, and which keys are 8, 9, 0 and Enter.

Andrew

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI