It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

HW 6 with Big Sur Mac Mini Intel?

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

craigpfeiffer

Re: HW 6 with Big Sur Mac Mini Intel?

PostSun Oct 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Thank you both for the very helpful replies. I am inclined to wait a few weeks to see if Apple offers new Minis. I love my Pro, but it has only been powered down for a few days in the last 12 years, so I expect a power supply or hard drive failure before too long. It does have some value, of course. I looked at used 2018 i7s and they seem overpriced to me. Seems best not to get impulsive.

mdyde

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 3:35 am

Thanks, Craig.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RaymondList

PostWed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Apple has announced their "Event" will be held October 18 at 10 am PDT. Rumor mill is churning regarding what will be announced. Rumor consensus regarding new 14" and 16" MacBook Pros with 16 GB ram standard and at least 32 GB option with a maybe on 64 GB. No rumor consensus on the Mini. We will see soon enough what rumor turns into truth!

Regards,
Ray
Ray

RaymondList

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Apple has held their 'event' and they did not announce a new Mini today. However, the new MacBook Pro is unbelievable. The 10 core M1 Max and 10 core M1 Pro CPU's are both 2.1 times as fast as an 8 core Intel Core i9. They can be configured with 16GB, 32GB, or(M1 Max only) 64GB of ram. The M1 Max has 400GB/sec memory bandwidth. I'm just sitting here thinking how fast that thing would load a large sample set! I'm sure a new Mini will be announced with these same chips, as soon as the demand for these MBP's slows a little.
Regards,
Ray
Ray
Previous

Return to Computer hardware / specs