It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 am

Hauptwerk compatibility w MacOS?

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

valentini

Hauptwerk compatibility w MacOS?

PostFri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

Hi there,

I'd like to try to run Hauptwerk on a dedicated laptop, a mid-2012 Macbook pro currently running a newly installed version of Mavericks (10.9.4).

Question: what's the earliest MacOS that a currently-available Hauptwerk build (5.0?) will run on? (I can potentially upgrade the OS on the Macbook I'd like to use, but I'm not about to mess with that until I know whether there is an available Hauptwerk build that will work with whatever that OS is...).

Thanks!

Loren

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk compatibility w MacOS?

PostFri May 07, 2021 9:29 am

Hello Loren,

Thanks very much for the interest in Hauptwerk.

The current version of Hauptwerk is v6.0.2 (but platform compatibility was the same for v5). The 'Prerequisites' link near the top-right of this page list the macOS versions that are supported:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/requirements/

Here's the relevant excerpt:

On the Mac platform, Hauptwerk is compatible with, and fully supported on, Macs with Intel CPUs running either:

• macOS ‘High Sierra’ 10.13.6 and above.
• macOS ‘Mojave’ 10.14.6 and above.
• macOS ‘Catalina’ 10.15.3 and above. (1)
• macOS ‘Big Sur’ 11.1 and above. (1)

(1) Please note that there are currently some minor compatibility issues with macOS 11 and 10.15, which are detailed in the Hauptwerk release notice.

(Hauptwerk might possibly still work on OS X 10.12 or 10.11, but we’ll only provide support on them for issues that can be reproduced on one of our primary supported Mac platforms listed above, and that don’t appear to be related to the platform. Hauptwerk cannot be installed or used on OS X versions 10.10 or earlier

Hence macOS 10.13.6 is the earliest version it will definitely work on.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

larason2

Re: Hauptwerk compatibility w MacOS?

PostFri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm

I had an old Macbook Air circa 2011, and I was able to update it to High Sierra, I believe, before I couldn’t update it any more. That is what I would suggest you do. However, you may find the system performance is not up to spec compared to a more modern machine. On my macbook air, I had a Core 2 Duo, and I would say it definitely couldn’t handle the demands of modern Hauptwerk.

Return to Computer hardware / specs