It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

New Apple Hardware

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

RaymondList

New Apple Hardware

PostFri Mar 04, 2022 5:51 pm

Here are some cut/pastes from an Apple blog I follow:

Apple has been developing a brand new “Mac Studio” computer. The new Mac Studio is primarily based on the Mac mini, but with much more powerful hardware. Apple has two versions of Mac Studio under development. One features the M1 Max chip (the same as the 2021 MacBook Pro) and the other a variant of the Apple Silicon chip that is even more powerful than the current M1 Max. Although the name “Mac Studio” may change, it represents a new category between Mac mini and Mac Pro aimed at professional users. Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman previously reported that Apple is working on a “smaller Mac Pro” with an Apple Silicon chip equipped with 40 CPU cores and 128 GPU cores.

Sounds like it could be a wild Hauptwerk machine.
Ray

RaymondList

Re: New Apple Hardware

PostTue Mar 08, 2022 3:39 pm

Well, my rumor was off a little, but not too much. New M1 Ultra with 20 processor cores, 32 core neural engine, 64 core GPU, with 800 GB/sec memory bandwidth, 2.5 TB/s inter-processor bandwidth, and 128 GB unified memory. All in a new "Mac Studio" just a little bigger than a Mac Mini.
Ray

profeluisegarcia

PostTue Mar 07, 2023 7:57 pm

Hello all¡

Do the new Mac computers with M1 Max chip are compatible with the information stored in old Macbook computer models?
Thanks¡
Luis

larason2

PostTue Mar 07, 2023 8:54 pm

Yes, they should be. Not all of your apps may work though. Since Catalina, only 64 bit apps are supported. I have a Mac Studio with an M1 Max running Hauptwerk 7. It runs very fast! I really don't know how I would be able to run Hauptwerk and max out the processor. I believe Apple has a migration assistant that can help to move all your files over.

Return to Computer hardware / specs