It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 am

Espresso touch screen monitor for Mac RECOMMENDED

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

162_Ranks

Espresso touch screen monitor for Mac RECOMMENDED

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 7:33 am

After many years of OK but fiddly results with an ASUS touchscreen and the touchbase drivers, I have moved to a new solution, https://espres.so/. Unfortunately they only have 15" size, but you just plug it in, install their app, and it just works.

For consideration, especially in a smaller setup.

B

SKresge

Re: Espresso touch screen monitor for Mac RECOMMENDED

PostTue Feb 28, 2023 11:18 am

Are you still happy with the Espresso Touch Screen for Mac?

Anyone else have experience with these?

adelaideviewer

PostWed Jul 12, 2023 4:48 am

I’ve had these for a few years now working with a 10 year old MacBook Pro. Was easy to set up - I have them on two monitor holders and it works very well.

162_Ranks

PostWed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am

yes, it still works great. I only wish they had a 17" or 20" version

SKresge

PostWed Jul 12, 2023 10:01 am

162_Ranks wrote:yes, it still works great. I only wish they had a 17" or 20" version

Do you find the 15" suitable for hitting stops on the fly and what mount are you using? The magnetic stand or a VESA type mount? was curious if it was stable when you touch stops and couplers.

Thanks for your feedback!

Scott

SKresge

PostWed Aug 09, 2023 5:24 am

adelaideviewer wrote:I’ve had these for a few years now working with a 10 year old MacBook Pro. Was easy to set up - I have them on two monitor holders and it works very well.

I just got my second and the touch did not work on both. I contacted Espresso and they said that is a limitation of Apple and they were trying to work that out. How is it that you have two?

Scott

Romanos

PostThu Aug 24, 2023 7:09 am

the OP mentioned an older mac; if you're on an M1, they have a limit of only two monitors. Do you by chance have a "main" monitor for the computer itself, and then two touch screens just for HW? If so, that could explain the issue.

SKresge

PostThu Aug 24, 2023 8:23 am

Romanos wrote:the OP mentioned an older mac; if you're on an M1, they have a limit of only two monitors. Do you by chance have a "main" monitor for the computer itself, and then two touch screens just for HW? If so, that could explain the issue.

Even older intel Macs had a limit of one touchscreen without a third party driver. I had a 2018 intel Mac Mini with two Asus screens and had to use a TouchBase Driver.

Espresso tech support themselves told me there is a limit of one touch screen per Mac and that is not just the M1 or M2 Macs.

I am now on a Mac Studio and trying to work with TouchBase to get the second Asus monitor to work like it did on the intel Mac.

The M2 studio does not have a limit of 2 monitors like you stated, I have three separate screens running, but only one has the touch working.

Scott

Return to Computer hardware / specs