It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:02 pm

Your favorite touch screen displays

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

EricMcK

Your favorite touch screen displays

PostSun May 19, 2024 9:36 pm

Greetings,

I'm helping a friend with a Hauptwerk build, and in the four builds I've done previously, I used Viewsonic touch displays with great results. I'm now finding that Viewsonic no longer makes a display capable of rotating into portrait, so they're crossed off the list.

I'm on the hunt for a 24" display that will do touch, go portrait, and work in Windows 11. What should I buy?

Eric

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Your favorite touch screen displays

PostWed May 22, 2024 8:23 pm

Good evening,

All Hauptwerk's systems that I'm installing use monitor(s) mounted on an articulated arm. Not only can you rotate the monitor, but it will free the space used by the monitor's foot to put music books. You will also be able to properly position the monitor (height and distance).
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

larason2

PostWed May 22, 2024 10:19 pm

What about lenovo/Asus? Also, I believe you can always get third party drivers, say from touch base, that may be able to enable portrait mode even if the native drivers don't. Not all sample sets support portrait format, so you have to know what sample sets you'll be using before you go that route.

tgv

PostFri May 24, 2024 10:28 am

micdev wrote:All Hauptwerk's systems that I'm installing use monitor(s) mounted on an articulated arm.

I've done that too, using a flat panel tv arm (vesa), screwed to the side of the console. I'm using an iiyama prolite t2252msc-b2. It's not the best monitor in the world for gaming or watching movies, but for Hauptwerk it's pretty good.

iiyama also sells monitors that work in portrait mode, but starting at 32".

MeOulSegosha

PostFri May 24, 2024 1:01 pm

I'm also using those Iiyama screens, in both portrait and landscape mode, on an arm with a Vesa mount. Now, admittedly I need to go into the settings on the PC to swap between landscape and portrait, they don't auto-sense or anything like that, but that's fine for me. The useful thing is that, because I have drawstops too, I can twist the screens on the arm and move them out of the way when using the physical stops.

Pics here in case a visual aid is useful.

Return to Computer hardware / specs