It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

2-channel set with 4 channels

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

srw647

2-channel set with 4 channels

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 7:35 am

With thanks to Drew's useful video and flowchart I've got some multi-channel sample sets set up to use with 4 channels of sound. I'm now trying to work out how best to set up Hereford (it's a 2-channel sample set).

Physically I've got a front speaker pair and a rear speaker pair. What I want to experiment with is sending the stereo signal "clean" to the front speaker pair and with a little extra reverb to the rear speaker pair. I can't for the life of me work out how to do it - I can't see how to attach ranks to multiple output buses. What am I missing?

mdyde

Re: 2-channel set with 4 channels

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 8:16 am

Hello srw647,

On "Organ settings | Rank voicing and surround/3D panning" screen, select the "Perspective mix: source persp to output persp 3 (rear 1/main)" adjustment, and turn it up to (e.g.) 100% for the desired ranks. If you wish, you could also truncate the reverb for that perspective using the "Output persp 3 (rear 1/main): release tail truncation length" adjustment.

Now open the "Organ settings | Rank routing ..." screen, and in the right-hand pane the "Rank output perspective 3 (rear 1/main): Destination ..." setting specifies which mixer bus group that perspective (of the selected rank[s]) will be routed to. By defaulted, it's routed to a group which ends up going to the "Master mix 7: Perspectv mix: outp persp 3 (rear 1/main)" bus on the General settings | Audio mixer" screen. Hence if you leave it routed there (as it is by default), then all you would need to do is to select the desired reverb for that particular mixer bus on the mixer screen.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

srw647

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 am

Thanks. The perspective bit had confused me!

mdyde

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 10:36 am

Thanks. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Amplification