It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am

Hauptwerk V Reverb / Mixer (Overview Video)

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

jerrymartin

Hauptwerk V Reverb / Mixer (Overview Video)

PostThu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 pm

I am beyond happy with Hauptwerk V and the new audio engine. Thanks to many great posts on here, I wanted to contribute a little so put together a video about my understanding so far. This may be helpful to some folk.

Martin Dyde and the team - miracle workers!!!!

https://youtu.be/Ihvq85c1mYA
Jeremiah Martin,
Portsmouth, Ohio

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk V Reverb / Mixer

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 3:51 am

Thanks very much indeed, Jerry.

Much appreciated. I think that's a fantastic overview/tutorial video (and very professionally produced), and I'm sure a lot of people will find that very useful.

I've moved the topic here, edited its title to append 'overview video', and made the topic 'sticky' to try to make it as easy as possible for people to find.

[My one very minor comment would be that I found that the commentary became a little difficult to hear between about 9:38-13:45 and 14:45-17:00.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jerrymartin

Re: Hauptwerk V Reverb / Mixer

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 am

mdyde wrote:Thanks very much indeed, Jerry.
I've moved the topic here, edited its title to append 'overview video', and made the topic 'sticky' to try to make it as easy as possible for people to find.

[My one very minor comment would be that I found that the commentary became a little difficult to hear between about 9:38-13:45 and 14:45-17:00.]

Thank you so much Martin for all you do! We are forever in your debt!! I appreciate your feedback.

I agree - my commentary became a little muffled there (muttering to myself!)

I shall update the video, likely add some default captions as well to improve interaction / understanding.

Have a great weekend!
Jeremiah Martin,
Portsmouth, Ohio

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk V Reverb / Mixer (Overview Video)

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 6:42 am

Thanks very much again. You too.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

abaymajr

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 6:52 pm

jerrymartin wrote:I am beyond happy with Hauptwerk V and the new audio engine. Thanks to many great posts on here, I wanted to contribute a little so put together a video about my understanding so far. This may be helpful to some folk.

Martin Dyde and the team - miracle workers!!!!

https://youtu.be/Ihvq85c1mYA

Thank you so much for your very instructive video. I'm HW5 user since its first release day, but I'm exploring its new mixer capability only since some days until now. The ability of duplicating and voicing differently, in real-time, a given stop, division or group of samples among up to 4 'perspectives' gives us a whole new usage for many new and old samplesets. For example, those 2 or 4-channel samplesets recorded somewhat distant from the organ pipework and/or in a very reverbant room/church, we may duplicate their wet channels and mix the original channels (or impulse reverbered ones) with a trimmed and somewhat brightened version of them, what would emulate a closer perspective than the recorded one, more suitable for practicing and/or some organ repertoire.

Arp

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 5:22 am

Hi, Jerrymartin,
thank you for the tutorial, very useful. Could you please write an explanation? I can't fully follow the video.
Thanks again
Arp

burtonwurli

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 6:52 am

Hi, Jerrymartin

You have produced what appears to be an excellent video. However I'm afraid that I just cannot concentrate on what you are saying because of the background music. Is there any chance of producing a copy of the video without the background music?

I have only just made the transition to HV and like others I am blown away by the improvement in sound. I am now right at the stage of removing my plug-in reverb and find your video so useful but......

Best regards. Stay safe

Derek

jerrymartin

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Arp wrote:Hi, Jerrymartin,
thank you for the tutorial, very useful. Could you please write an explanation? I can't fully follow the video.
Thanks again
Arp

Absolutely! Thanks for checking it out! I definitely am collecting feedback, and plan to re-work this to better help out!

In the meantime, do check out Ian Stinson's outstanding notes and guides at
https://iainstinson.com/hauptwerk/

This was a lifesaver for me, and honestly the place (other than the manual) where I got a good foothold on the situation!

Jerry
Jeremiah Martin,
Portsmouth, Ohio

jerrymartin

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 pm

burtonwurli wrote:Hi, Jerrymartin
Is there any chance of producing a copy of the video without the background music?

Hi Derek,

Thank you so much for the feedback - new to video making, and over-enthusiastic to try and get my thoughts down, I agree that it is not as easy to follow as it could be.

There is a v2 in planning phases in my mind and will upload hopefully in the coming weeks (I'll update this forum when I do).

In the meantime, do check out Ian Stinson's outstanding guides which were what got me up and running.

https://iainstinson.com/hauptwerk/

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Jerry
Jeremiah Martin,
Portsmouth, Ohio

Doug S.

PostWed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Thanks for this most helpful video. How are you instantly expanding the audio windows? Is there a shortcut key combo, or are you using the corner grab expand arrows and editing out that process?
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

jerrymartin

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 11:11 pm

Doug S. wrote:Thanks for this most helpful video. How are you instantly expanding the audio windows? Is there a shortcut key combo, or are you using the corner grab expand arrows and editing out that process?
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug!

Sorry for my delay! I'm using a tool called "BetterSnapTool" that allows you to create keyboard shortcuts to maximize or split windows on screen (Similar to the native functionality built into windows - [Win]+[arrow-keys])

The mac tool:
https://folivora.ai/bettersnaptool
Available in the app store.

Jerry
Jeremiah Martin,
Portsmouth, Ohio

Doug S.

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Thanks!
Doug

Return to Amplification