It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am

Audio set up

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Citroenboi

Audio set up

PostFri Jan 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Evening
Just a quick question
I currently have 4 active speakers, no sub. The speakers are connected to an audio interface. Should I set them up in hauptwerk as 4 separate channels or just play through one channel. The organ is in a small bedroom. I tried setting hauptwerk up so that each speaker was on a separate channel but it was a bit like playing the same cd on 4 separate hifi units.

IainStinson

Re: Audio set up

PostFri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 pm

If you have the advanced version you should try setting them up as two stereo pairs in Hauptwerk. Put each pair in a primary bus mixer channel and make a group which includes these two primary buses. Assign the group you have created as the output for each rank output perspective 1. Use Haupwerk’s cyclic algorithm so the output is shared across the two stereo channels.

Have a look at my tutorials if you need more info than the manual (https://iainstinson.com/hauptwerk/).

Iain

PCF

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 2:41 am

Dear Iain,

Your tutorials are excellent. Thank you so much for sharing it with the community!

Best wishes,
Pharny

engrssc

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Another consideration is the physical placement of the speakers. Without knowing any details of the room (and the layout) it's a little difficult to make recommendations. Considering the room is one half of an audio setup.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Amplification