It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Rythmik FV18 subwoofer review

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

TubaFan

Rythmik FV18 subwoofer review

PostThu May 06, 2021 8:43 pm

We upgraded the subwoofers in our church to 2 of these, and we could not be more happy with the results. They are overkill for a small room, but for a larger installation like a church they have been awesome. The bass fills the room, but is not forced, and the clarity that is usually missing in most subwoofers is impressive. They also have a fairly flat frequency response to below 16Hz. I'm curious if anyone else has tried these? I know Magnaton has heard these in our church.

https://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV18.html

jkinkennon

Re: Rythmik FV18 subwoofer review

PostFri May 07, 2021 11:06 am

The FV18 runs about 9db hotter than my F15HP due to the larger driver and ported design. You have two of the FV18s so I can only imagine how well they would fill a sanctuary right down to 16hz. Rythmik Audio makes phenomenal subs and there's nothing imaginary about their subsonic capabilities.

So I haven't heard the FV18 but it's a product I would buy on reputation alone and on my own experience with the F15HP.

jkinkennon

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 10:26 am

I rarely respond to my own posts, but I thought I would provide an update. Having sold my Rythmik Audio F15HP to a nearby church for use with six highly modified Allen Organ speakers (HC-15) I have ordered the FV18 as a replacement. While it's overkill in my home it will be great for the occasional client demo in area churches.

I use REW software to double check my own speaker modifications and to be sure that subwoofer integration does not become some "house wrecking" aberration. I'll try to get some response curves when the new sub arrives and has had a couple of weeks to fully break in.

larason2

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 12:50 pm

Thanks John for this. I wonder, are you planning any vibration absorbing mounts or gluing in any parts of your home that vibrate sympathetically?

TubaFan

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 10:08 pm

I'll be interested to see what you think about the FV18 compared to your F15HP once you get to try it in a large space.

jkinkennon

PostTue Feb 15, 2022 9:01 am

larason2 wrote:Thanks John for this. I wonder, are you planning any vibration absorbing mounts or gluing in any parts of your home that vibrate sympathetically?

Ha, ha! I haven't seen the feet that ship with the subwoofer, but I may want to get some of those "pointy" feet as the sub sits on carpet and I certainly don't want to waste energy rocking the 160 lb. cabinet. The freight company scheduled a delivery for this morning so I may know more in a few hours.

The most important thing about integrating any sub into an audio system is to not turn it up just because it is possible. With a reasonable balance with the rest of the system I'm sure a few sympathetic vibrations will happen and I will need to relocate a favorite pair of paintings that hang over the sub's planned location.

Return to Amplification