It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

Mixer Preset vs. Rank Voicing

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

mesch

Mixer Preset vs. Rank Voicing

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Hello,
I use a multi-channel speaker output together with a subwoofer. This setup works great and provides an amazing sound experience. The only drawback is that for certain stops/ranks I have to make adjustments in volume for certain keys in the bass range. This is due to resonances e.g. occuring with a 16' Subbass at F (Octave00).

In one setup I route the output of the system to headphones using a different mixer preset. And now comes the problem: since the settings for the rank voicing (volume adustments) always seem to apply to all mixer presets, I hear certain keys via my headphones at a too low volume. The same applies in case I do some recording and play the recording on a different device later on.

Is there any solution to this issue? In an optimal world I would like to have the possiblity to link mixer presets to rank voicings (or even better to organ settings in general).

Any ideas? Thank you!

mdyde

Re: Mixer Preset vs. Rank Voicing

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 1:23 pm

Hello mesch,

It isn't currently possible (within a single Hauptwerk configuration) to have more than one set of voicing per organ, but we do very much hope to add that functionality as a high priority in the future (also allowing linking sets of voicing and rank routing to different mixer presets). (Actually I had intended to include that in v5.0.0, but there wasn't sufficient time for it in the end.)

The only way currently that you could apply a different set of voicing for the same organ would be to use a different one of the Hauptwerk configurations ('Hauptwerk (alt config N)' desktop short-cuts), since all settings are entirely independent for each configuration. However, that probably isn't ideal, since all other settings would then need to be duplicated too. You can use the backup/restore mechanism for that to copy *all* settings, as covered in the "Backing up and restoring your settings and data: Copying your settings from one configuration to another on the same computer" section in the Hauptwerk user guide (pages 34-36 in the current v7.0 version).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mesch

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 3:07 am

Thank you! I accidently deleted the desktop shortcuts. How can I reactive them?

mdyde

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 3:33 am

Thanks, mesch. You're very welcome.

By default, the short-cuts can also be found on the Windows Start Menu (as well as on the desktop). To recreate any/all of them:

- Use "File | Backup ..." within Hauptwerk for good measure.

- Exit Hauptwerk.

- Re-run the (current version of the) installer, leaving all options in the installer unchanged. By default it will keep your existing files intact, but repair any missing ones. If needed, you can download the current version of the installer via the 'Download' link at the top of the main Hauptwerk website: https://hauptwerk.com/
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Amplification