It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:22 am

Pedal Posaune needs house-training

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

SomeChap

Pedal Posaune needs house-training

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 am

Dear all,

I'm using Menesterol on HW Free edition, and I should start by saying I'm very impressed (both by the sample set and by HW itself) - well worth the money, and more versatile than I originally thought it would be; I can even make French sounds on it by registering carefully!

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that in my setup the pedal 16 posaune is incredibly loud for some reason - it even obliterates the manual tutti. This is true either through (Grado) headphones or through my 2.0 studio monitors. Audio is running to an Edirol USB audio device via ASIO so I don't think Windows (XP) is doing any equalisation. (It doesn't sound like too much bass EQ anyway, it just sounds like a b****y loud pedal reed!)

I've found the screen where I can change the voicing (brightness) of each stop, but I can't seem to find how to change the amplitude of each stop. I've looked in the manual and not had any immediate luck there either. I'm presuming I'm missing something obvious somewhere - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance...

SC

josq

Re: Pedal Posaune needs house-training

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 am

Maybe it's a limitation of HW Free Edition? In the Advanced Edition, the amplitude is placed above the brightness in the voicing menu so you should have found it if it were present...

telemanr

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 9:11 am

I don't believe voicing is available in the free or basic edition.
Rob Enns

polikimre

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 am

The Menesterol set has its own voicing controls, but I'm not sure it also has implitude controls.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 am

The Free Edition has no native voicing facilities, only the Advanced Edition (and Advanced trial edition). Perhaps you are using the built-in sample set voicing controls? You would need to bring this issue up with Jiri Zurek if you feel it is an issue with the sample set. He should be able to advise you on what steps to take.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

SomeChap

PostMon Jun 04, 2012 4:46 am

Thanks all, the voicing screen I was using looks like it's part of the sample set rather than hauptwerk itself. There's a screenshot on the SP website but I can't work out how to create a link to it using my iPad! The picture shows brightness controls for all the stops and volume controls for the blower and tracker noises, so I guess I am out of luck at the moment.

It's a shame that stop volumes are considered an advanced feature in HW, especially given that everyone's audio system is different, but I suppose HW has to differentiate its product range. I'll get in touch with jiri zurek if I can't find a workaround; I presume, in extremis, I could attenuate the posaune wav files using audacity ...

Thanks again for your helpful replies.

Andrew Grahame

PostMon Jun 04, 2012 2:45 pm

While cost may be an issue here, the ultimate goal would be to purchase a licence for the Advanced version of Hauptwerk. This will solve not just your present problem, but open the door to much greater control in general over Hauptwerk itself and the voicing of all your sample sets. This may be something to aim towards.

Andrew

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)