It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am

Master general presets vs organ presets

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Silken Path

Master general presets vs organ presets

PostWed Oct 26, 2016 8:59 am

Greetings, everybody. I am using Les Deutsch's Rodgers 945 v3.0C sample set and have assigned twelve presets straight from the Rodgers manual's suggested registrations to the organs preset buttons. Now I'd like to convert them to master general presets so they'll light up when selected (as I tend to forget which preset I've selected) and so I can have a few more of them. I'm having tiny little bits of fits setting master gen presets by:

1. Pressing the preset on the organ screen, making it active.
2. Clicking the master gen preset - say 1 - on the Registration large panel
3. Clicking Setter
4. Clicking the gen preset again. (Is this necessary?)
5. Clicking Gen Cancel

A couple of times I managed to get both master gen 1 and 2 both set to the same preset, but then 3 worked. I suspect that there's a better way...

So the big question is: is there a better way to convert an organ's presets to Hauptwerk's master general presets?

Question two: is "Gen canc" supposed to ERASE a master gen preset?

mnailor

Re: Master general presets vs organ presets

PostWed Oct 26, 2016 1:34 pm

To set a master general to the current stops and couplers drawn on the virtual organ, you click Setter on, click the desired master general button, then click Setter off.

Your step 2 below would replace the current registration with whatever happens to be on master gen 1 and the steps 3 - 5 save the same registrstion.

Try steps 1 3 4 5 instead. Skip step 2.

Silken Path

Re: Master general presets vs organ presets

PostWed Oct 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Many thanks! Here's what works.

1. Press preset on organ
2. Press Setter
3. Press desired preset in master generals
4. Press Setter

Rinse and repeat. I have read and read that section of the manual, thinking that I should be able to just keep changing the organ presets and setting a general preset. That lights up Gen Cancel. Get thee behind me, satan. Thank you - you have saved the day for me.

I see I need to put in my location. I'm 50 miles down I-20 from near Madison.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)