It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

Advice needed on Line-out connection to amplifier

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Vincent

Advice needed on Line-out connection to amplifier

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi,

please forgive me for my ignorance on technical matters.

I am using the free-edition version connected to my Viscount organ via MIDI cable.

I would also like to use a pair of RCA cable to connect from my console line output to another set of external speakers because it seems the stops from my console is not being amplified out through hautpwerk.

What I wish to know is, will this double output connections put a strain on my organ? I don't wish to destroy my console :D

thank you all
Vincent

organtechnology

Re: Advice needed on Line-out connection to amplifier

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 am

Here is a little video of how to hook up your MIDI Keyboard (think MIDI out from console) to the computer and audio module. In general it says the MIDI signal from the keyboard/console goes to the computer either directly or through an audio box as shown in the tutorial. When the MIDI signal gets to the computer running Hauptwerk it causes the virtual keyboard to play and make Hauptwerk's sounds come out the computer audio system or module. The amplified speakers are connected to the computer/audio module to produce the Hauptwerk sounds. If your Viscount has an audio input you run the stereo audio from the computer/sound module to this input to get Hauptwerk sound. This should allow you to have Viscount sound and Hauptwerk sound but only in stereo. Stereo (2 channels) is all the Free edition has by the way and multi-channel audio requires the Advanced edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... w6QK6fT4bU

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Vincent

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 am

organtechnology wrote:Here is a little video of how to hook up your MIDI Keyboard (think MIDI out from console) to the computer and audio module. In general it says the MIDI signal from the keyboard/console goes to the computer either directly or through an audio box as shown in the tutorial. When the MIDI signal gets to the computer running Hauptwerk it causes the virtual keyboard to play and make Hauptwerk's sounds come out the computer audio system or module. The amplified speakers are connected to the computer/audio module to produce the Hauptwerk sounds. If your Viscount has an audio input you run the stereo audio from the computer/sound module to this input to get Hauptwerk sound. This should allow you to have Viscount sound and Hauptwerk sound but only in stereo. Stereo (2 channels) is all the Free edition has by the way and multi-channel audio requires the Advanced edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... w6QK6fT4bU

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your advise, will look through the video.
:)

mdyde

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 am

Hello Vincent,

To add to Thomas' reply, Hauptwerk itself can't receive audio input from an external source (such as your Viscount's built-in audio/stops), but you might be to route the audio output from the computer/Hauptwerk into your Viscount (as Thomas mentioned).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Vincent

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 am

mdyde wrote:Hello Vincent,

To add to Thomas' reply, Hauptwerk itself can't receive audio input from an external source (such as your Viscount's built-in audio/stops), but you might be to route the audio output from the computer/Hauptwerk into your Viscount (as Thomas mentioned).

Hi Martin

thank you for your advice.
If i do not wish to route the audio back to my Viscount, but instead use my organ RCA line out to another different set of speakers will it over load my organ (having a midi out to computer and another L/R RCA audio out from my console to another set of external speakers)?

thanks.

mdyde

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 am

Hello Vincent,

There would certainly be no problem with your Viscount sending MIDI output and audio output simultaneously; it will be designed to be able to handle that.
Best regards, Martin.

Vincent

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 7:03 am

mdyde wrote:Hello Vincent,

There would certainly be no problem with your Viscount sending MIDI output and audio output simultaneously; it will be designed to be able to handle that.

Thank you Martin for your wonderful help. Sorry that I am not technically good at these electronics and computer stuff. I am 53 years old and only can play on the organ.

You guys have been a great help in getting me step by step set up my Hauptwerk system. It is wonderful!

Vincent

mdyde

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 am

Thanks, Vincent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)