It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

Simultaneous Piano Sound with Yamaha S90 ES and HW

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

SKresge

Simultaneous Piano Sound with Yamaha S90 ES and HW

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am

Hello All,
Very new to HW and evaluating it as I am a supply organist at my church. Want to try it out and learn a little bit prior to taking a trial to the church so hooked up my Yamaha S90 ES via USB to Host cable and they computer and keyboard seem to speak to one another, the HW program recognizes the make and model of the keyboard automatically, but when i play and get the organ sound I am also hearing a very low piano sound in the background and it just piano on the keys of the keyboard, if i press a key on the monitor of the computer with the mouse it is a pure organ sound. This is playing through the output of the computer and the sound is off on the keyboard. I have tried everything in the MIDI settings and nothing seems to get rid of it. Frustrating and if anyone has any suggestions it would be GREATLY appreciated.

mdyde

Re: Simultaneous Piano Sound with Yamaha S90 ES and HW

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Hello SKresge,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the interest in Hauptwerk.

Please try:

- Exit Hauptwerk if it's running.

- Make sure that no other audio or MIDI software is launched/running on the computer, in case something else is also receiving the MIDI messages from your Yamaha keyboard and playing sound.

- Make sure that the volume control on your Yamaha is turned fully down (in case it's trying to play sound itself).

- Launch Hauptwerk.

- On the 'General settings | MIDI ports | MIDI IN ports' screen tab, make sure that your Yamaha's USB-MIDI entry is ticked in the *left-hand* ('Console MIDI IN') column, and that nothing else at all is ticked (in either column) on that screen tab, and that nothing at all is ticked (in either column) on the 'MIDI OUT ports' tab of the screen.

- OK the screen.

- On the 'General settings | Audio outputs' screen, make sure that your computer's audio interface is selected as the output device (or the computer's built-in audio output, if you don't have a dedicated audio interface for the computer). In particular, make sure that your Yamaha (or any software device related to it), is *not* selected as the audio output device (if relevant).

- OK the screen.

- Load the St. Anne's organ.

- Right-click on the virtual Great manual, select 'Auto-detect ...', and follow the on-screen instructions to press the appropriate keys on your Yamaha.

- The 'Done' button should become enabled if Hauptwerk has heard suitable MIDI messages. Click it.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

SKresge

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Martin,

YES, worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!

mdyde

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks. You're very welcome.

Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)