It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am

Bargain Basement Conversion

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

JohnMH

Bargain Basement Conversion

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 am

Hello All,
The initial plan was a bargain basement conversion of a Viscount Domus 5 to Hauptwerk using the orgional Manuals, Switches, Power Amps and Speakers. This has gone pretty well and I have fantastic Organ Sounds from the Manuals are converted to 8x8 Matrix for use with HWCE2. I was hoping not to need mouse/keyboard interaction but I guess that using the free version there is no way to automatically bypass the Free / trial selection screen??
Things have become complicated by the Organist asking for a Third manual, I have sourced this and it's working as a second input to the Great but is there a way to have it as stand alone with some ranks directly linked to it instead?
The plan to use origional switches has stalled as the third manual takes up their space, but is it better to use Momentary Buttons Instead? As the project develops these would hopefully be lit when active.

Sorry for all the questions, it's a steep learning curve I am more low level hobby electronics than Organ

IainStinson

Re: Bargain Basement Conversion

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 am

You need to try using a three manual sample set. St Anne’s is a two manual organ.
You can only reconfigure organs by using HWs CODM facility.
See http://www.hauptwerk.com/clientuploads/ ... rGuide.pdf

Look at http://www.piotrgrabowski.pl/friesach.html this is an organ which is “free” but you are asked to donate to support the work. With the free edition of HW you will need to choose which stops to load to remain within the limit on the size of instrument which works with the free edition. You’ll probably keep hitting this limit if you want larger instruments perhaps you need to consider buying the basic edition.

Iain

rhedgebeth

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 am

PM sent.
Richard S Hedgebeth
Westminster Organ Works
Authorized Hauptwerk reseller
http://Westminsterorganworks.com

JohnMH

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks Iain,
Lots of food for thought in the custom manual, will take me a while to work through that. The man guide mentions physical manuals which don't appear on the virtual organ but not clearly enough at my level of understanding. A three manual sample set is no doubt the best answer and buying the Basic version is in the plan but would present double the bargain price.
Best wishes,
John

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)