It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:01 am

Hauptwerk Update Problem!!

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

organmad

Hauptwerk Update Problem!!

PostWed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 am

I have just updated Hauptwerk to the Latest release 3.30 and now when I start Hauptwerk, with my two USB-Midi Cables plugged in I get this following error:

“No MIDI input devices could be found attached to the computer. Please install at least one MIDI input device. If a device is disconnected, simply connect it and restart Hauptwerk.”

Message Code: 2307
Any Help would be appreciated

Organmad

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk Update Problem!!

PostWed Jun 09, 2010 7:14 am

Hello Organmad,

For some reason Windows must not be seeing your USB MIDI interfaces. Maybe try re-installing their drivers and/or trying them in different MIDI ports. Also make sure that they have power (e.g. if they have power indicator LEDs then check that they're lit).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

organmad

PostWed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 am

I have re-installed the drivers for both of the MIDI devices. Hauptwerk is keeps showing the same message. I notice that it tries to load something on the task bar quickly and then shows the Message. The Icon that you get a glympse of is a blue circle with a square in it!

Organmad

oliver_mayes

PostWed Jun 09, 2010 9:05 am

After you reinstall drivers, sometimes you have to shut down your computer for the drivers to take effect. It has to be the USB MIDI device and not HW.
Ollie Mayes

mdyde

PostWed Jun 09, 2010 9:11 am

Hello Organmad,

The Icon that you get a glympse of is a blue circle with a square in it!

That's not part of Hauptwerk, so I guess it's something to do with your MIDI or audio device drivers, which Hauptwerk queries on launch.

Nothing at all changed in Hauptwerk relating to MIDI devices in v3.30, so I think that the fact that you're having a problem now, after recently updating Hauptwerk to v3.30, is probably coincidental.

Or did you perhaps select the option for 64-bit Hauptwerk in the installer this time, but not with your previous version? Perhaps your MIDI drivers aren't fully compatible with native 64-bit software (most are, but not all).

You could also try seeing if your MIDI ports are visible in other applications (e.g. MIDI-OX).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)