It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

Sampling a Sound Module Stop

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Doug S.

Sampling a Sound Module Stop

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 12:13 pm

I would like to retire my pair of Ahlborn Archive Modules save for one reason. My 201 unit contains a very chiffy Gedect which I'd love to sample and add to my CODM / Pipe hybrid organ. Has anyone done this or something similar and what would it take for a sampling total beginner tp accomplish this goal?
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

RickC

Re: Sampling a Sound Module Stop

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Doug,
Easy!
I've done a fair amount of work of a similar nature, hoping eventually to sample a few local organs. The hard part for me is noise reduction, which should be no problem at all recording directly.

Once the recordings are in the computer, it will take something like SoundForge to clip and manage files, and then the (free and awesome!) LoopAuditioneer to make loop points. No step is hard, but there are lots of steps, and it becomes tedious to do over and over - made me apprciate what real artistic achievement is in even a very small sample set. But for one stop with clean recordings - nothing to it but time and patience.

I'll be glad to help you get started if you're interested.

Rick

Doug S.

Re: Sampling a Sound Module Stop

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Rick,
Thanks for your offer. I'm swamped at the moment and am likely not to get to this for months. What would you advise me to do in the interim as preparation?
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs