It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 am

Enlighting of setter xx0..xx9 not as expected.

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Christian Zurhorst

Enlighting of setter xx0..xx9 not as expected.

PostFri Nov 10, 2023 12:58 am

Dear all,

I have set up my installation (HW VIII) in such a way, that the registration buttons xx0..xx9 are lit whenever the stops match the registration preset. I have a self-designed ODF. I create switches with HW codes 900540..900550. The activ state of these switches does not follow the activation of xx0..xx9. The HW native functionality is absolutely fine.
Selecting combinations through 90054x HW codes works absolutely fine. It is just the enligthing that seems not to work. Am I missing something?

Best regards, Christian

mdyde

Re: Enlighting of setter xx0..xx9 not as expected.

PostFri Nov 10, 2023 7:25 am

Hello Christian,

I've had a look, and for ODF switches that link to system/menu functions (via their Switch.DefaultInputOutputSwitchAsgn attribute), only the following system functions support bi-directional control, i.e. can set the state of the ODF switch to match to the illuminated state of the system function:

- Setter mode.
- Scope mode.
- Stepper all pistons next mode.
- Master couplers.
- Master reversibles.
- Recording options: arm recording: audio.
- Recording options: arm recording: MIDI.
- Recording options: prompt for filenames.
- Recording options: stop on playback end.
- Recording: rewind playback: speed2.
- Recording: rewind playback: speed1.
- Recording: fast-forward playback: speed1.
- Recording: fast-forward playback: speed2.

That's because those system functions are effectively bi-state (latching) switches.

Combination pistons that are 'momentary', yet illuminate, such as the stepper trigger pistons (or master generals, or master scoped combinations) can't set the state of the triggering ODF switch since ODF switches don't currently have a concept of being non-pressed but lit, i.e. ODF switches only have two states -- 'on' or 'off', whereas a third state would be needed (non-pressed, but lit).

Hence you can't currently do what you were hoping with those particular functions, I'm afraid.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs