It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 am

How to open sample sets without hauptwerk extension?

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Yeti

How to open sample sets without hauptwerk extension?

PostSun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 am

I have downloaded some free samples from the internet. These samples do not have the CompPkg.Hauptwerk file extension. Therefor I already tried to add just CompPkg.Hauptwerk to the filename but it doesn't work either.

Anybody which can help me?

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: How to open sample sets without hauptwerk extension?

PostSun Feb 27, 2011 1:22 pm

The files need to be created using WinRAR which creates a .rar archive of the samples. However you cannot simply create a .rar archive to be compatible with Hauptwerk, the full package must be created properly to be used with the Hauptwerk installer.

If you downloaded samples that are not in Hauptwerk format then most likely they will not load unless they are formatted properly for Hauptwerk.

You can download Hauptwerk and view the included St. Anne's sample set .wav files for a reference for proper sample formatting if need be. Also there are several trial and free downloads of instruments on the Hauptwerk site which you can reference as well. http://www.hauptwerk.com/downloads/inst ... downloads/
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

pwhodges

Re: How to open sample sets without hauptwerk extension?

PostSun Feb 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeti wrote:I have downloaded some free samples from the internet. These samples do not have the CompPkg.Hauptwerk file extension.

If they claim to be for Hauptwerk, they are presumably in the old Hauptwerk 1 format. In that case there should be instructions in the file or on the site they came from for installing them; this should result in a directory of files which the current version of Hauptwerk can then import. Note that such sets do not use or display the full capabilities of Hauptwerk as it is now.

Paul

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs