It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am

Martin… a question.

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

B777Captain

Martin… a question.

PostSun Oct 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi Martin.

I put a piece on Contrebombarde yesterday with a youtube video, but I notice that the normal audio player on the non youtube part of the piece (Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring) does not start to play. I thought I put a mp3 with the youtube…. But maybe I didn’t?

Was hoping you could look into that and let me know if you could please.

Thank you Martin.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mnailor

Re: Martin… a question.

PostSun Oct 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Contrebombarde isn't managed by Martin or MDA. You might want to use the Contrebombarde web site to ask for help.

There's a Contact Us link.

mdyde

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 3:34 am

Hello Pat,

Yes -- to confirm Mark's reply (thanks very much, Mark), Contrebombarde is owned and run by Classic MIDI Works in Canada (not MDA), as a free service for the benefit of Hauptwerk users. I don't actually have experience with using Contrebombarde myself anyway. The 'Contrebombarde' section on this forum ( viewforum.php?f=20 ) is there purely for the benefit of Contrebombarde users, since Classic MIDI Works don't have a forum for it hosted on their own website.

For any technical support questions relating to Contrebombarde you could see whether other users are able to help via the Contrebombarde section of our forum ( viewforum.php?f=20 ), otherwise contact Classic MIDI Works via the 'contact us' link on the Contrebombarde website, as Mark mentioned.

Perhaps you didn't see my reply to your last topic?:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20016

mdyde wrote:I'm not sure whether you were directing that question at us specifically, but just to clarify, in case you weren't aware, Contrebombarde is owned and run by Classic MIDI Works in Canada (not MDA), so if you want to ask a question of its administrators then it's them that you'd need to contact.

Or if you're asking whether it's technically possible currently then maybe other Contrebombarde users will be able to answer that one. (I don't actually have experience with using Contrebombarde myself.)

I moved that topic to the 'Contrebombarde' section of the forum, as I have previously done with various other topics relating to support for Contrebombarde that you've posted in this 'technical support' forum, e.g.:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19976

If you have the forum software's 'User control panel | Board preferences | Edit posting defaults: Notify me upon replies by default' option turned on then it will email you whenever somebody replies to a topic of yours (unless the email ends up in your Spam folder), even if the topic has been moved to a different section of the forum.

I'll move this new topic to the Contrebombarde section of the forum too later (once you've had a chance to read it),
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Hoofdwerk

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 10:55 am

mdyde wrote:The 'Contrebombarde' section on this forum ( viewforum.php?f=20 ) is there purely for the benefit of Contrebombarde users, since Classic MIDI Works don't have a forum for it hosted on their own website.

FYI, the latest update to Contrebombarde.com includes a forum, so perhaps this section of this forum has outlived its purpose. Shunting all Contrebombarde questions to that site would probably clear up continuing confusing around who runs what...

mdyde

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks, Erik.

That's useful to know. I'll let Brett know, in case he wants to do that.
Best regards, Martin.

B777Captain

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Thank you everyone for the information!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mdyde

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks, Pat. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

mdyde

PostTue Oct 05, 2021 3:35 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall