It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Search Question

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

mkc1

Search Question

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 am

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I didn't see it anywhere. How do I find all the recordings done with a given intrument, without including a recording multiple times if it's in multiple playlists? If I use the Advanced search, I get an entry for each playlist the recording is in. If I just use the "search" box from the browse screen, it seems to only return one page of results. Is there a way to return all recordings for a single organ but listing each only once?
Thanks!
Michael

OrganoPleno

Re: Search Question

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 pm

mkc1 wrote:Is there a way to return all recordings for a single organ but listing each only once?

Yes. At Contrebombarde.com click on "Browse" which shows the entire list sorted by Date, then click on "Organ" at the top of the list so the entire list is sorted by Organ. If you like, click on "Organ" once again to see the list in reverse order by Organ. Either way, now just scroll through to find all the posts together for the Organ you wanted.

mkc1

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks...that's a lot of clicking through pages to get to something in the middle of the alphabet though! I was hoping for a search option that would only return the organ I was interested in, and each piece only once...oh well, better than nothin' I guess...thanks again!

DavidMoore

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am

If you Advance Search on the organ that you wish to hear, then click on the Title column to alpha-display the pieces by title, it is easy to scroll through the pieces, including multiples, if they exist.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall