It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

Safari 14.0 breaks CB

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

Grant_Youngman

Safari 14.0 breaks CB

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Just an FYI for Mac users out there …

It appears that there is an incompatibility between something in the latest Safari 14.0 and the CB software. Specifically, the player widget no longer works. The play button is non-responsive. I've tried it on several Macs, and the behavior is consistent on all of them.

No problem with videos, or being able to download the mp3 files to listen to them. Just a broken player widget.
Grant

organtechnology

Re: Safari 14.0 breaks CB

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 am

Grant_Youngman wrote:Just an FYI for Mac users out there …

It appears that there is an incompatibility between something in the latest Safari 14.0 and the CB software. Specifically, the player widget no longer works. The play button is non-responsive. I've tried it on several Macs, and the behavior is consistent on all of them.

No problem with videos, or being able to download the mp3 files to listen to them. Just a broken player widget.

I think it may be a contest between Apple and Microsoft to see who can confound the most users ;)
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Grant_Youngman

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 10:09 am

organtechnology wrote:
I think it may be a contest between Apple and Microsoft to see who can confound the most users ;)

There's no doubt about that :-)

At one time, just having Flash (don't recall the version number) installed on a Mac also broke the widget — solved only by completely removing Flash. One of the Macs I tested Safari 14.0 on (my HW machine) has never had Flash installed, so this is something different, although I'd bet there's some common thread. As a check, I shut down AV software, content and ad blockers, etc., and that didn't resolve it either.
Grant

lefranc22

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Safari 14.0 does not allow Flash Player. The disappearance of Flash is announced for the month of December. It will be no more supported. Apple has just taken a step ahead. But without Safari, contrebombarde still works well on Mac with other browsers, such as Google Chrome or FireFox. For how much longer?

jbittner

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 am

Adobe announced in 2017 that Flash would be phased out by the end of 2020. Still supported in Chromium based browsers, Google Chrome and MS Edge, but that support will also end in December.
John B.
Allen 965 MOS 2
Zuma Group MOS-2 Midi Keyboard Encoder
Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
Hauptwerk 4.2
Major I ACO
Paramount 320
Father Willis Standard 80

lefranc22

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 4:08 am

I tested the main sample sets producer demos.
- Can’t be played with Safari 14.0: Sonus Paradisi, Voxus (needing Flash plugin), AOV, Prospectum, PipeLoops (links to contrebombarde)
- Can still be played with Safari 14.0: Sygsoft, Piotr Grabowski, Jeux d’Orgues, OAM, Tarcisio Ferrari (embedded files) Andrea Bonzi, Inspired acoustics (links to YouTube), Maltese Historic Organs, Lavender Audio, Binaural Pipes (links to SoundCloud)
No problem with Safari 13.1.2

lefranc22

PostMon Sep 21, 2020 1:41 pm

The Contrebombarde administrator posted to day in their forum:
During the weekend we have received a few emails letting us know of the issue with Safari. It looks like we will need to update our player. Please give us some time to do this, as there are a lot of features that are using the current player and it will take us some time to apply and test the new updates or if needed implement a new player altogether. Thank you in advance for your patience.
This is a good news for mac users. :)

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall