It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

A four-manual Zimnol Hauptwerk console in Germany

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

orgelton

Re: A four-manual Zimnol Hauptwerk console in Germany

PostWed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 am

Thank you all for your interest into my organ project.

In the two-and-a-half years I am now using the instrument I am very satisfied with the sound and the console.

I may now report two small additions:

1) I added two thumb pistons to the right wooden box which allow to open screens for selecting/loading organ files and combination files. This is surprisingly convenient.

2) I added a Lexicon MX400 hardware reverb unit, although in almost all of my time I am using instruments with the originally recorded reverberation. I was not satisfied with the fact, that all recorded reverb tails are truncated at some point in time due to finite recording capacity, which, I find, sounds unnatural at the end of a music piece. The dynamic range of the human ear is large! I gently add a very small amount of hardware reverb to the recorded reverb with a slightly larger reverberation time than the original. This does the job of filling the hole after the end of the recorded reverb very well. It is a further small enhancement of an already excellent sound quality in my ears, but once you get sensitive to this detail it helps.

engrssc

PostWed Jan 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Romanos wrote:You're right. Turns out it was the computer that I was using wouldn't render the images. When I hopped on a second computer they show up just fine. Very nice!

Glad you are able to see the images, they are worth several thousand words. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

blueband95

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Beautiful work! Very impressive! I love how very clean and functional your setup is. You have made wise choices to invest in precisely the most importants elements of the instrument. Excellent choice of keyboards in particular; I'm sure it plays wondefully. I'd love to hear how your system sounds!

I'm curious: Did you visit in Johannes Zimnol in Kaiserslautern personally, or just order via correspndance? I live relatively close to Kaiserslautern, and would be intersted in seeing his workshop if he allows that. I ask the same of Laukhuff; did you visit them, or order via their catalog.

orgelton

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 2:52 am

Beautiful work! Very impressive! I love how very clean and functional your setup is. You have made wise choices to invest in precisely the most importants elements of the instrument. Excellent choice of keyboards in particular; I'm sure it plays wondefully. I'd love to hear how your system sounds!

Thank you for your kind words. The instrument plays wonderfully, indeed.

I'm curious: Did you visit in Johannes Zimnol in Kaiserslautern personally, or just order via correspndance? I live relatively close to Kaiserslautern, and would be intersted in seeing his workshop if he allows that. I ask the same of Laukhuff; did you visit them, or order via their catalog.

Johannes Zimnol is a very nice and kind person and I have met him several times during the construction. I would suggest you contact him.

I did not visit Laukhuff. Apart from a few small parts such as foot pistons I ordered the bench, which is a standard part.

Last bumped by orgelton on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:52 am.
Previous

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems