It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

Cant' there be a EASIER way to upload....???

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

RichardW

Re: Cant' there be a EASIER way to upload....???

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 pm

I feel your pain but I can also see it from the other point of view.

The amount of extra storage required for the forum would be huge. Quite small pictures can consume as much space as a whole paperback book of text.

I wonder if with some extra coding it may be possible to automatically store the picture for you on an external site then link it to here. It would be a bit of a "kludge" though.

Regards,
Richard

Antoni Scott

PostSun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am

Captain777:
Good Gracious...

It's just amazing the things all of you have had to do... just to simply put a photo on this forum!

Pat:
Why bother. If something is that difficult to do, like post a photo on this site, its probably not worth it. I'm not sure why it has not been simplified. This is in fact the 21st Century !!!! I gave up years ago. Post the image on Facebook, or Youtube, with a link. Its easy !!!!!
Antoni

Antoni Scott

PostSat May 23, 2020 11:53 pm

I gave up attempting to upload photos. Had same problems as Pat. Its ten times easier to upload photos onto Ebay.

RichardW

PostSun May 24, 2020 7:38 am

The easiest way I have found is to use a website like catbox.moe.

Go to that site and drag in your picture. It will give you a URL.
Copy that and paste it into your post.
Finally, highlight the URL you have just pasted in and then hit the URL button at the top.

If your image is small enough, you could hit Img instead and the picture will be displayed here and not just the link.

Example1 - Img: Image

Example2 - URL: https://files.catbox.moe/3wdqos.bmp
Richard

Antoni Scott

PostSun May 24, 2020 8:02 am

I belong to several websites that offer ways of uploading images with just one double-click or drag and drop. Simple, easy. Too bad there isn't an "auto upload" feature that automatically resizes the image for posting. Just about every other site has figured it out. Also, images that I see posted are obscured with a Flickr banner - seriously !!!!

Antoni Scott

PostSun May 24, 2020 8:05 am

I belong to several websites that offer ways of uploading images with just one double-click or drag and drop. Simple, easy. Too bad there isn't an "auto upload" feature that automatically resizes the image for posting. Just about every other site has figured it out. Also, images that I see posted are obscured with a Flickr banner - seriously !!!!

Antoni Scott

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 9:06 am

After all these years, it's still impossible to upload images. I'd love to see other Hauptwerk owner builds. Guess it isn't going to happen. I guess my issues are not alone.

RichardW

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 am

One of the issues is space and that means cost.

A typical image can easily be a megabyte. In text terms that is as much as a whole paperback book.

I have no issues with linking a picture from, say, catbox.moe but the part that gets me is the image size restriction. That often means that I have to edit the image in an image editing program before I can even start.

Regards,
Richard
Previous

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems