It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 am

JSS HW setup photos

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

johnstump_organist

JSS HW setup photos

PostFri Feb 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Here are three photos of my setup showing the latest incarnation.

jpr

Re: JSS HW setup photos

PostSat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Woww ! It's beautiful !
Do you happen to have bigger photos ? Or a website where I could see details of your amazing console ?
All the best,
Jean-Philippe.

johnstump_organist

PostSat Feb 18, 2012 5:12 pm

There are several larger higher resolution ones here showing the history more or less of my setup from table days to the present setup.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnstump_organist/

John

pat17

PostWed Feb 29, 2012 6:16 am

What I really love in that neat console is your choice of keyboards which matches perfectly with the wooden frame. 8)

I guess these are Fatar TP/62LW?

Since I have seen your setup on the forum, I knew which keyboards to select whenever I can finish my own console - although I am still balancing between the TP/62LW and the TP/60LW.

johnstump_organist

PostFri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 pm

My organ has been dismantled, remodeled and put on a moving truck on its way to what I hope will be its final and permanent home in Mexico. Here in the sates, all the cabinet work above the console was hung on stringers I had bolted to the wall. I took it all apart rebuilt it as stand alone cabinets, built two new lower cabinets to go on each side of the console where the two tallest towers will sit, added a couple of shorter towers to expand the middle section. Got it all finished on a Saturday, did a trial assembly, took it apart, and it went on the moving truck last Tuesday. It should arrive in Mexico at my home there sometime tomorrow. I will not be there myself to assemble it until January. I am hoping it was treated with loving care the whole way, but who knows. I built crates for many parts, but a lot of it was just wrapped in moving blankets.
John

mrkniz

PostSat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am

John: I've seen your creation many times before, and think it's absolutely beautiful. I hope all goes well reassembling it in its new home. Ken Zink

pe1976

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 2:49 am

Very beautiful, Congratulations!

johnstump_organist

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am

So I went to Mexico last week and made sure all the parts of the organ of the organ arrived safely, which they did, a few bumps and scrapes but they can be repaired. Some odd things did not arrive because they got held at customs (sofa cushions, a vacuum cleaner, a cordless drill, ????) but they are supposed to come on through at some point. I will return to Mexico in Jan. for two weeks to set up the organ in the house we are buying (closing is supposed to be next week) and then I will get the upgrade to my dongle so I can have flexible wind and see how much it improves the sound.
John

CarsonCooman

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:26 pm

johnstump_organist wrote:and then I will get the upgrade to my dongle so I can have flexible wind and see how much it improves the sound.

Did you decide to move to Mexico just to finally be able to get the wind model activated? :)

telemanr

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 pm

John could have moved to Canada for the wind model. Of course the climate wouldn't be "quite" like Mexico.
Rob Enns

johnstump_organist

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am

I didn't move to Mexico just for the wind model, I'm returning home, I lived there before and have missed it terribly. With the all moves I've made in my life I have never looked back and missed anything, I was always moving forward. But when I left Mexico to come back the USA, I never quite adjusted to living in the states again, so I hope to be there on a full-time basis soon. It will be another few months , but I can hardly wait, and yes the climate is a bit better than Canada.
John

johnstump_organist

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am

I didn't move to Mexico just for the wind model, I'm returning home, I lived there before and have missed it terribly. With the all moves I've made in my life I have never looked back and missed anything, I was always moving forward. But when I left Mexico to come back the USA, I never quite adjusted to living in the states again, so I hope to be there on a full-time basis soon. It will be another few months , but I can hardly wait, and yes the climate is a bit better than Canada.
John

notdefined

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Just saying that your console is very nice is such an understatement to approach insult. It is gorgeous and a fine example of craftsmanship. If you ever have an open house or home concert, I would love to come by as I'm just next door in Pleasant Hill.
Last edited by notdefined on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnstump_organist

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 7:36 pm

While I'm still physically present myself in Walnut Creek, all of my furniture, including the organ, has been shipped to Mexico. As soon as we have the house we purchased fixed up a bit and everything set up, I will be having home recitals but it won't be quite as convenient for you as when I was in Walnut Creek :wink:
The house we are buying was bought specifically because it had a living room that is 15 x 26 feet with the high, doomed brick ceiling known as "boveda" ceilings in Mexico. It will make a nice venue for small recitals and some chamber concerts with some of my other Musician friends in Mexico.
I'm going down for two weeks in Jan. to set up the organ and see about some work that needs to be done in the house and garden. Will take pictures of it once it is done.
John

johnstump_organist

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 7:36 pm

While I'm still physically present myself in Walnut Creek, all of my furniture, including the organ, has been shipped to Mexico. As soon as we have the house we purchased fixed up a bit and everything set up, I will be having home recitals but it won't be quite as convenient for you as when I was in Walnut Creek :wink:
The house we are buying was bought specifically because it had a living room that is 15 x 26 feet with the high, doomed brick ceiling known as "boveda" ceilings in Mexico. It will make a nice venue for small recitals and some chamber concerts with some of my other Musician friends in Mexico.
I'm going down for two weeks in Jan. to set up the organ and see about some work that needs to be done in the house and garden. Will take pictures of it once it is done.
John
Next

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems