It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

How reliable is MIDI WORKS?

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

hptschupp

How reliable is MIDI WORKS?

PostSun Dec 12, 2021 10:57 pm

I try to establish a new HAUPTWERK project and plan to purchase parts from MIDI WORKS. So far the only contact was a person by the name of Attila. After I received an initial email from him I sent him 4 more emails and never got an answer back. I called MIDI WORKS and the secretary told me that it is common that Attila does not answer emails. I finally was able to talk to Attila on the phone. He promised to send me an email next day with all the purchase data. I never got an email.

Wondering if this is just a single instance and person that is not responding professionally or this is an ongoing pattern with MIDI WORKS? Is there another person who is more reliable when it comes to sales? Who is the owner of the company?

Please let me know what experiences you made with MIDI WORKS . Any help is appreciated.

Best
Hanspeter Tschupp

mnailor

Re: How reliable is MIDI WORKS?

PostMon Dec 13, 2021 8:41 am

I had similar experiences. Atilla was my only contact at the time (a few years ago), and emails seemed to go missing or be ignored. I did get what I ordered, after some customs form confusion.

Within the past month, I used the contrebombarde site's Contact page to send an email (run by midiworks), and it was returned as rejected, so their email problems aren't fixed.

While I haven't used them yet, it looks like Arnold organs may be selling a lot of the same gear. But you might not be able to mix keyboard brackets and key cheeks, or MIDI boards, from the two companies -- I'd verify that if you already bought some stuff from midiworks and are adding to your console.

larason2

PostMon Dec 13, 2021 11:23 am

We get messages like this on the forum from time to time about Midiworks. I’m sure it’s frustrating. However, it is a small business serving a niche market during a busy time of year. They do have competitors depending on what you want. For instance Pedamidikit. If they have what you want at the right price, however, I would be patient and persistent.

dhm

PostMon Dec 13, 2021 2:26 pm

CMW used to be great to deal with. I represented them in UK for a few years.
But it’s really gone downhill since Darryl Wood left about 5 years ago.
I’ve certainly had the same problem with Atilla, and I know I’m not the only one.
There is (or was) another guy called Raymond working with Atilla.
CMW is a part of Artisan Classic Organ, founded and owned by Henry Wemekamp.
When these problems started after Darryl left, Henry asked to be kept informed.
He’s the guy you/we need to talk to.

See also my post of September 1st, 2019 here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17671&p=132241&hilit=+henry+wemekamp#p132241
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

hptschupp

PostTue Dec 14, 2021 6:24 am

I was able to contact Darryl Wood by email. He responded instantly. He said he is out of the loop with CMW but suggested to talk either to Raymond Garcia or directly to the owner Henry Wemekamp. Does anybody know a direct email address for Henry?

dhm

PostTue Dec 14, 2021 11:18 am

hptschupp wrote:Does anybody know a direct email address for Henry?

I'm sure I had one some time ago (last time this problem arose).
Try checking previous posts on this topic, or search the Forum for "Henry Wemekamp".
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

hptschupp

PostThu Dec 16, 2021 4:43 am

I was able to contact Henry by email. Attila is now responding promptly and the purchase seems to be going in the right direction. Thanks everybody who helped to get the issue resolved. :D

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)