It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

Apple Mac Pro Workstations - Cofigured for Hauptwerk

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

iBuildMacs

Apple Mac Pro Workstations - Cofigured for Hauptwerk

PostThu Sep 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi. My name is Jon Soliemon, founder of iBuildMacs. We specialize in customizing Apple Mac Pro workstations for various industries. Majority of our clients are in audio production and video editing. Antoni Scott, long time Hauptwerk processional, purchased his Mac Pro from us last year and has been extremely happy with the condition, performance, and reliability. A couple other Hauptwerk users have also purchased their Apple Mac Pro from us as.

Because of our experience with previous Hauptwerk customers, we have already researched the ideal configurations for Hauptwerk. We are aware of the requirements and what components are vital. We know that Hauptwerk requires a lot of memory, and a strong processor is important as well.

All our systems come with lifetime technical support, 30 days warranty, and a 14 day return period. Majority of the components we install are new and our systems come from specific professional facilities. Providing a quality and reliable system along with excellent customer support is our objective.

If you have any questions, would like a quote, or would like to discuss the configurations, please visit us at http://www.ibuildmacs.com or call (310) 844-6661. Thank you.

If you prefer going with a Windows or Linux based Workstation, please visit our other company, http://www.ZWorkstations.com

Below are some recommended configurations. We have various ranges of systems to fit every budget. For all configurations, we recommend upgrading to a PCIe-based solid-state drive for the boot drive. The SSD improves overall performance.

Base:
Apple Mac Pro - Model 3,1 - Year 2008
https://ibuildmacs.com/configurations/72633/
Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Harpertown" processors (8-Cores)
32GB (8x 4GB) of 667MHz DDR2
1TB 7200-rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
ATI Radeon 2600XT 256MB (2x DVI for 2 display support)
One 16x SuperDrive / Bluetooth
Yosemite 10.10

Moderate:
Apple Mac Pro - Model 5,1 - Year 2010/11
https://ibuildmacs.com/configurations/72634/
3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere" (6-Cores; 12-Threads)
32GB (4x 8GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC
1TB 7200-rpm hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB (1x DVI and 2x mini-Display Port for 3 display support)
18x SuperDrive / AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Card with 802.11n / Bluetooth
Yosemite 10.10
Upgrade to 48GB (3x 16GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC [Add $140]
Upgrade to 64GB (4x 16GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC [Add $240]

Great:
https://ibuildmacs.com/configurations/72635/
Two 2.66GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere" (12-Cores; 24-Threads)
64GB (8x 8GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC
1TB 7200-rpm hard drive
Yosemite 10.10
96GB (6x 16GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC [Add $280]
128GB (8x 16GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC [Add $480]

Excellent:
https://ibuildmacs.com/configurations/72647/
Two 3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere" (12-Cores; 24-Threads)
96GB (6x 16GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC
1TB 7200-rpm hard drive
Yosemite 10.10
Upgrade to 128GB (8x 16GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC [Add $200]

csw900

Re: Apple Mac Pro Workstations - Cofigured for Hauptwerk

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 2:22 am

I would like to know how your "other company" configures Linux based workstations
to run Hauptwerk.

csw900

organtechnology

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 10:53 am

I get a Firefox error when I try to view the web site for the Apple computers.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

anyone know what that means?

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

johnh

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 11:03 am

Their SSL cert is misconfigured. Drop the www from the link and Firefox stops complaining...

organtechnology

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 12:34 pm

johnh wrote:Their SSL cert is misconfigured. Drop the www from the link and Firefox stops complaining...

That worked thanks.
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

iBuildMacs

PostSat Oct 01, 2016 2:58 am

To csw900:

Hi. If you would like to run Linux on the workstation, you have two options:
1) Dual Boot - Since the HP Z Workstations include a Windows license, we can install Windows and have it dual boot with the Linux of your choice. When you boot the computer, it will load a boot menu - you can select which operating system you want to boot into.
2) If you prefer to have only Linux, we can do that as well. We recommend Kubuntu 14 LTS or CentOS 7. Ubuntu is also popular. However, if you have another Linux in mind, we can acquire and preinstall it for you.

----------------------------------

To organtechnology:

Thank you 'johnh' for resolving his issue.

----------------------------------

If anybody else has questions regarding an Apple Mac Pro or HP Z Workstation configuration, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Antoni Scott

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 am

I just got a 2010-2013 MacPro 12-core 3.33ghz with 96GB RAM from IBuildMacs. Very impressive machine is an understatement. Zero problems, worked perfectly right out of the box. The computer is exactly as described. I highly recommend IBuildMacs. Hopefully this will future proof my computer for a while. It's nice to load the Esztergom and have lots of memory left over.
Antoni

chr.schmitz

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 11:55 am

I am the now proud owner of a well equipped Mac Pro cylinder, which was configured by iBuildMacs.

It was a very pleasant experience to configure this machine with Jon Soliemon. Initially, I wanted to buy an Mac Pro 5,1 tower. After I placed the order, Jon contacted me and asked, what I am planning to do with the computer. I told him that this will be an HW machine. He proposed to go for a smaller graphics card, as the one I had chosen was a little overkill. I did so and he reimbursed the difference! First pleasant surprise :)

Jon configured the machine in two days and shipped it to Germany with USPS. Shipping to Germany took a little bit more than a week, but then the German custom held the package. It took almost another two weeks before I was allowed to pick up the system.

The computer was blazingly fast, but it turned out, that there was one issue we were not able to solve. My HW organ has two portrait monitors, which are (for esthetic reasons) rotated in two different directions. The left one is rotated 270°, the right one 90°. With the 5,1 Mac, it was not possible to rotate two screens in two different directions. I could rotate one, but as soon I rotated the 2nd screen one or both screens turned black. This was a great disappointment, as it worked seamlessly with the previously used Dell D3100 DisplayLink docking station and a MacBook Pro. I bought an original ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB Original Apple Mac Pro Edition Upgrade Kit for the Mac Pro -- but the same issue :(

After a couple of emails with Jon and a test in a local Apple store with the new Mac Pro 6,1 cylinder, Jon offered me to return the system and exchange it. I agreed. This machine is working now perfectly without any issues :D And it is even quieter than the Mac 5,1 -- almost infrasonic :)

Conclusion: iBuildMacs is a great source for used Mac Pros, if you are looking for a powerful Mac for your HW system. If you are in trouble, Jon Soliemon will help you very reliable to solve the issue. I can highly recommend this dealer!

All the best,
Chris

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)