It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am

Organtechnology is now accepting commissions for 2020

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

organtechnology

Organtechnology is now accepting commissions for 2020

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 9:54 am

We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting commissions to build Virtual Pipe Organs for home or church with production and delivery in 2020.

We have several donor organs available for conversion and our modular home console is once again available with a delivery time of 90 to 120 days ARO. If you have an organ you would like to use as a donor organ, we can work with you to make that happen too.

All of our VPO systems now use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC as the operating system and Dante multi channel audio over Ethernet (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64 channels) by using the Dante Software Audio Module at 48 kHz, 24 bit. The i7 CPU family is still our CPU of choice as is the ASUS motherboard series.

Our pedalboards and manuals in re-purposed organ cases now have optical keying systems available as an option. We are now able to supply touch screens and monitors fully integrated into the space previously occupied by lighted draw knobs. Mechanical draw knobs are available as an option in re-purposed church console VPOs but are limited to one sample set which matches the engravings.

Please call with questions about Organtechnology brand VPOs. If your phone call goes to my voicemail, please leave your name, phone number and the magic word "Hauptwerk". You may also text your name and the magic word "Hauptwerk" to my phone number and I will return your call even faster.

Also, Organtechnology home and church brochures as well as the Hauptwerk official brochure are all available on our website https://www.organtechnology.com under the "Welcome to VPO Organtechnology tab. Just place your cursor on the tab and it will drop down and let you click on the brochure you want to see.

Thank you and enjoy the holidays with your family.

Best regards,

Thomas Gentry
VPO Organtechnology LLC
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

IainStinson

Re: Organtechnology is now accepting commissions for 2020

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 10:06 am

Very positive. Good luck with you endeavour.

In case anyone else did not know about Windows 10 LTSC here is an extract from Microsoft....

The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time. Examples include medical systems (such as those used for MRI and CAT scans), industrial process controllers, and air traffic control devices. These devices share characteristics of embedded systems: they are typically designed for a specific purpose and are developed, tested, and certified before use. They are treated as a whole system and are, therefore, commonly “upgraded” by building and validating a new system, turning off the old device, and replacing it with the new, certified device.

Could this help avoid "Windows Enhancements" which often cause difficulties for Hauptwerk users?

Iain

mnailor

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 11:46 am

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC is interesting to me since I'll need to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro soon. Is it available as a single PC license upgrade? Has anyone done this particular upgrade to a working Hauptwerk PC?

Sorry, Thomas, that was off-topic. An on-topic comment:

I have an OrganTechnology 4 manual console, and I'm still loving it!

engrssc

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 12:06 pm

I've read there are activation issues with Windows 10 LTSC.

Rgds,
Ed

mnailor

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 3:44 pm

Thanks, Ed. I'll approach with caution.

engrssc

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Thomas added some new thoughts to ponder, esp re the OS. His overall approach appears to be well thought out.

This Win10 product appears to be focused on high end computers esp servers.

How to download, install & activate Windows 10 LTSC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Px2HblhlE

Fairly involved set up. And the background "music" on this video is annoying. :roll: Mute option is useful.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

organtechnology

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm

mnailor wrote:Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC is interesting to me since I'll need to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro soon. Is it available as a single PC license upgrade? Has anyone done this particular upgrade to a working Hauptwerk PC?

Sorry, Thomas, that was off-topic. An on-topic comment:

I have an OrganTechnology 4 manual console, and I'm still loving it!

Thanks for the kudos.

Unfortunately it is not possible to just upgrade from Win 7 Pro to LTSC, which is really an enterprise software package. It requires a new install and starting from scratch. You can install Win 10 Pro as an upgrade if you have Win 7 Pro though.
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

organtechnology

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 6:41 pm

IainStinson wrote:Very positive. Good luck with you endeavour.

In case anyone else did not know about Windows 10 LTSC here is an extract from Microsoft....

The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time. Examples include medical systems (such as those used for MRI and CAT scans), industrial process controllers, and air traffic control devices. These devices share characteristics of embedded systems: they are typically designed for a specific purpose and are developed, tested, and certified before use. They are treated as a whole system and are, therefore, commonly “upgraded” by building and validating a new system, turning off the old device, and replacing it with the new, certified device.

Could this help avoid "Windows Enhancements" which often cause difficulties for Hauptwerk users?

I sure hope so. Thomas

Iain

organtechnology

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 6:43 pm

engrssc wrote:I've read there are activation issues with Windows 10 LTSC.

Rgds,
Ed

Not if you do it correctly. :)

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)