It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am

Getting my Hauptwerk v6 working

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Getting my Hauptwerk v6 working

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 12:02 am

Hi All back again for more help please. I have my 3 manual Conn all wired with Artisan boards, UM1 interface Echo audiofire 12 & all done correctly with Ilok working, I have a umidi config file from my other organ which is working perfectly & using that which I want to load on the new one but thats where I stop. I followed the instructions on loading the file & it tells me completed but get the message file required? & in the monitor I can't see the file loaded I can't auto detect so just assume the file is not loading I'm sure the file is good as I'm using it on the other organ with windows 7 HP. So apart from having the organ wired & ready to go i'm stuck there, I am with windows 10 & have plenty of RAM & a 480GB SSD Sorry to trouble you Cheers Rod

mdyde

Re: Getting my Hauptwerk v6 working

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 3:31 am

Hello Rod,

I've moved your topic here since, if I understand correctly, your question relates to how to use Artisan's software/system (rather than Hauptwerk itself). I have no experience with Artisan's system myself, so I can't help you with that one, but perhaps other Artisan users will be able to advise, otherwise you could perhaps try contacting Artisan directly if needed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

larason2

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 am

I agree probably a question for Artisan, but don’t know how fast they are at getting back. Can you set up a new configuration file for your system instead of the new one? It may be as easy as just installing the appropriate driver for the midi system. How is the artisan system connected to your computer?

randallschmid

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 3:01 pm

I would also suggest that you verify the config file's owner and permissions are the same and the directory permissions are the same between your two computers.

Frank-Evans

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Are you referring to the configuration (config.utc) that you load into the Artisan MicroMidi modules? That file must be installed by the Artisan "uMIDI-A.3.1.6g" program. Need more information.
Frank

RODANDUNA

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Thanks guys for your info. There is a uMIDI A 3.1 6G and also 3.1 7b Tried both but no result I get the message midi monitor setup complete but when I go to install the uconfig file it says press enter to continue it just goes back to the beginning & can't load the file. Yes Artisan have not responded to my message so I don't hold my breath as it is 2 weeks now Yes frank that is the file I am trying to load in uMIDI A 3.1 6G The config file is one that I have used before on another organ with windows 7 & was working perfectly but this organ has fewer unput boards and now using windows 10 The Artisan system is connected with Roland MK2 cakewalk interface I don't have the knowledge to create a new config file unless I can download one from somewhere? Cheers Rod

engrssc

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 12:58 am

Assume you've tried ?
CONFIG PROGRAM DOWNLOADS VERSION A.3.1.7b

http://artisanorgans.intartists.com/ArtisanOrgans/Downloads.html

Rgds,
Ed

Frank-Evans

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

If this organ has fewer input boards and another differences you will have to rewrite the config file to exactly match this organ... Suggest you download the "uMidi Manual 2016_1" from Artisan... Actually it's pretty easy to understand.... Using a config file that does not match the organ will never work.
Regards, Frank

larason2

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm

First step is to make sure the Roland interface has the correct driver installed and is receiving midi messages. Can you plug in another keyboard or organ to test that it is working, and check to make sure you have midi messages with an app like midi monitor or midi ox? If that’s working, then check to make sure the messages are getting to Hauptwerk. Usually this means making sure your interface is listed and checked as an input source in the appropriate dialogs. once you’re sure this is working, then you can turn to the Artisan system. If it’s not sending midi signals, there is a problem with its internal functioning. I’m not familiar with the Artisan systems, but it sounds like you would need someone to reprogram it to work with you current, modified system. If you can’t do this and Artisan is ignoring you, you will have to find someone else to reprogram the system.

RODANDUNA

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Thanks guys for your helpful info I will give this a try & see how we go. I do appreciate your time to help, Cheers Rod.

RODANDUNA

PostWed Jun 30, 2021 9:18 pm

Pardon my ignorance but I thought that using the umidi config file even though it had extra input boards written in it would still work so back to the drawing board again, Thanks Rod

RODANDUNA

PostThu Jul 01, 2021 3:29 am

Cheers I can borrow a Nektar 61 note midi usb keyboard would that be satisfactory to test if the roland interface is working Thanks Rod

larason2

PostThu Jul 01, 2021 8:22 pm

Yes it should.

RODANDUNA

PostThu Jul 01, 2021 10:04 pm

Thanks I will give it a shot Rod

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing