It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

MIDI problem

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

hptschupp

MIDI problem

PostSat Oct 08, 2022 10:18 pm

I use MOTU MIDI Express 128 and cannot make it working with Hauptwerk. Keyboards send out MIDI perfectly and show up on my Laptop with MIDI OX. When routing MIDI through MIDI Express 128 I see the indicator lights active on each of the 8 IN ports when triggering a Note ON or OFF. MIDI Express 128 is set up with the newest Drivers and connected with USB 2.0 cable. I can see the MIDI Express in MIDI OX and Hauptwerk. But I'm not able to route signals through in either app. I used the wizard but still no go.

Any help is appreciated.
HPT

Computer and peripherals:
Windows 10 | Hauptwerk 7
128GB RAM
Intel I9 12900 16 cores
MOTU Ao24 (works fine)
MOTU MIDI Express 128 (cannot make it to work)
4 FATAR Keyboards from MIDI Works
1 Pedal MIDI Board

hptschupp

Re: MIDI problem Update

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 6:52 am

I reinstalled the MIDI Express 128 drivers. Now I can see all MIDI activities in MIDI OX. Still struggling to activate MIDI in Hauptwerk. I used the wizard again. But no action yet in Hauptwerk on the 4 manual Rotterdam Laurenskerk organ. Wondering how to route MIDI Ports/Channels to the manuals/pedal.

In Hauptwerk on the "Audio MIDI Performance" window I can see MIDI activities on the "Console MIDI in" row. Now how can I route the MIDI signals to the 4 manuals/pedal of the Laurenskerk organ?

hptschupp

Problem RESOLVED

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 7:25 am

I was able to route the MIDI channels to the manuals by using the "MIDI Preferences" button on the loaded organ. Problem resolved.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing