It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

MOTU Microlite Driver on Mac OS 10.15

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

John V

MOTU Microlite Driver on Mac OS 10.15

PostFri Oct 14, 2022 2:52 pm

I built custom console with a 3M keyboard and pedal board with MIDI encoders from DTS. This has Mac-mini with Catalina 10.15.7 and running HW 7.0. I have noticed hanging notes and started to replace the Roland EM-ONE-MK2 USB interface with a MOTU Microlite USB Interface. I only connected the MIDI IN connectors from the four MIDI encoder boards (3M and pedalboard) to the MIDI IN on the MOTU Microlite USB interface. After installing the correct MOTU driver (multiple times) and rebooting the computer, I do not see MOTU Microlite in the Audio MIDI Setup app. What could be going wrong?

I also adjusted the HW 7.0 MIDI configuration to select the MIDI IN under the General Settings>MIDI ports and selecting MIDI IN only and can see the five MIDI connection in the table. But when I try to auto detect the keyboard and pedalboard, I get no response. What do you think?

brooke.benfield

Re: MOTU Microlite Driver on Mac OS 10.15

PostFri Oct 14, 2022 5:28 pm

I use the Microlite on my large 4M console and the Microlite handles the traffic without complaint.

You said: " I only connected the MIDI IN connectors from the four MIDI encoder boards (3M and pedalboard) to the MIDI IN on the MOTU Microlite USB interface".

I think this may be your problem. The MIDI OUTs from your Encoders should go to the MIDI INs on the Microlite rather than how you stated the connections were done.
Brooke Benfield
Organist, Gethsemane Lutheran Church
Portland OR

John V

Re: MOTU Microlite Driver on Mac OS 10.15

PostFri Oct 14, 2022 7:23 pm

After reading, indeed that is the problem and I misread the instructions. It is indeed MIDI IN to MIDI OUT. All is well and I am now using the MOTU Microlite USB Interface. Hopefully no more stuck notes.

Thank you for your time Brook Benfield.

John Volbeda

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing