It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

Friesach sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Nigel

Friesach sample set

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 3:29 am

Posting here as I've been unable to find a solution on another forum, and hopefully you guys will be more tech based. :D

I'm using the Friesach sample set, but I can't get the general cancel function to work. I can pair the midi and using the manual stops configuration page I can see that the green light flashes. The blue light also flashes indicating that the command has been processed but the stops I have selected aren't cancelled (I'm using a touch screen, not physical switches). If I use the mouse, just the blue light flashes, as expected, but the stops remain unaltered.
More importantly the same thing happens with the memory buttons I get a green light to say that the midi has been received. I also get a blue light to say the command has been processed, but nothing happens to the stops.
Any ideas why why my computer isn't processing the input? If I configure the switches on the St Anne's sample set they work fine.

mdyde

Re: Friesach sample set

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 4:37 am

Hello Nigel,

I don't have experience with the Friesach sample set myself. Are you referring to:

a) The General Cancel button, and combination buttons (master generals, etc.) on Hauptwerk's control panels (such as the Registration large control panel), or:
b) Virtual Pistons (a cancel piston, and combination pistons) that are embedded within the sample set's graphical virtual console?

[If a) then it's conceivable that Piotr Grabowski (the sample set's maker) didn't list the virtual stops in the organ definition table that tells Hauptwerk that they should be affected by Hauptwerk's combination system, but I'd think that very unlikely.]

Please try:

- Right-click on the relevant virtual General Cancel piston/button and select "MIDI key/trigger settings ...: Clear all (for all organs ... and also for this organ)".
- Also do likewise for at least a couple of the virtual stops (using the "Clear MIDI key/trigger settings for stop ..." entry).
- Turn those particular stops on, using just the mouse.
- Now try clicking on the relevant virtual General Cancel piston/button using just the mouse.

Does that cause those stops to be cancelled?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Nigel

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 8:31 am

Thanks

I contacted Piotr. He says the buttons below the manuals on the full console view can be mapped to midi switches, but they are only there to produce authentic switch sounds (sampled from the actual organ) - they have no other function. He went on to say that the functionality should be gained by using the hauptwerek registration menu (View/Large floating panels/Registration), which I have now tested an works fine.

Thanks for your help. :)

mdyde

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 8:40 am

Ah -- thanks, Nigel. Excellent. You're very welcome.

[Edit: topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments