It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:27 pm

"SETTINGS" VALUES VS. AUDIO MIXER PRESET?

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Wayne Grauel

"SETTINGS" VALUES VS. AUDIO MIXER PRESET?

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 10:34 am

Hi, what's the "audio values" relationship between the values I see when I pull up the "setting" menu vs my mixer presets?

My mixer preset audio levels for; close, front, and rear don't align with what I see when I look at the settings screen
( where you can mouse click and drag the audio level values up or down?)

example. on the settings screen the audio level for close is around 30% and front is 100% vs what ever level ratios I have in my mixer bus groups. Is that a separate audio routing scheme that routes somewhere?

Thanks
Wayne

mnailor

Re: "SETTINGS" VALUES VS. AUDIO MIXER PRESET?

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 10:55 am

Levels for close/middle/rear or whatever mic perspectives are part of the samplesets, not Hauptwerk. The mixer settings and these levels are set independently. The routing of ranks to bus groups (per organ) is also independent of the samplesets' mic perspective levels.

Just a comment: A topic in ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING.

IainStinson

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 10:56 am

Hi Wayne

Do you mean the "settings menu" provided by particular sample sets which allow you to adjust the relative position of the listener?

There is no directly link to the values in the HW mixer settings to these per virtual instrument screens.. My understanding is that the mixer values in HW are set to levels which match your space (and often may be used by multiple instruments) and that you adjust the levels within the sample set to optimise the sound for that particular instrument in your listening space.

I have a couple of mixer presets that I use for a number of different surround sample sets, and and leave the mixer values alone and set the controls within the sample set to provide me with the sound I prefer.

Iain

Wayne Grauel

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 11:00 am

Thanks Ian

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing