It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am

HW3.3 to HW6 and Neil Jenson 3/35 compatiability?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Doddy

HW3.3 to HW6 and Neil Jenson 3/35 compatiability?

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 10:21 am

I have a previously unused V3.3 disk and USB Key with the first three Neil Jenson sample packs, and an unused 3/35 disk which was purchased later and not covered by my original purchase. Not that my USB key will allow me to use the HW software anyway, as the key is not recognised when Hauptwerk is started.

I am now ready to look at investing in upgrading my 3.3 Advanced Edition to Version 6 and replace the USB key with an iLok account. However...

The Neil Jenson (Keymedia) disks I have are marked HW2, and unfortunately I cannot access the Keymedia Productions website as the site returns a 'connection not secure' message. (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox all lock me out). Thus, I am unable to contact Neil to see if my 'old' sample packages are supported in Version 6 anyway.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Robert 'Doddy' Sumsion

'You don't know what you don't know'

mdyde

Re: HW3.3 to HW6 and Neil Jenson 3/35 compatiability?

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 11:07 am

Hello Robert,

Thanks very much for the interest in upgrading.

Yes -- Neil Jensen did make Hauptwerk v5+ compatible versions of his sample sets. It does appear that his website ( http://www.keymediaproductions.com/ ) doesn't currently support HTTPS, so if your browser won't allow access to the site because of that then it's probably simplest to email him directly:

neil_jensen [at] keymediaproductions.com

(I think you'd probably need to email him anyway to get download links for the v5+ versions of his sample sets anyway.)

Don't throw your Hauptwerk v3 (HASP) USB dongle away! You'll need that when upgrading to Hauptwerk v6 (v5+) so as to transfer your existing sample set licences off of it, and into the iLok system. You probably just need to install the driver in order to get your v3 dongle recognised by the computer for that.

I'm not sure whether/where MDA still hosts the downloads for the file HASP dongle (Hauptwerk v2-v4 Hauptwerk USB Key) driver publicly, but if you email Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com I expect he'll be able to provide the necessary details.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Doddy

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Thank you Martin and Francois.

Francois sent me a link for the Keymedia V5+ updates and I now have them on my PC.

I have sent my iLok details for those licences to be loaded.

Just building a new PC and will order V6 later in the year.

I do have lots of questions about AU/VST connections recording and sending MIDI & how Multi-Channel Audio is connected and sent physically between two PCs, One with HWV6ADVED and the other with a DAW. So I'll ask those questions in the audio section of the forum.

Many thanks for all the help.
Robert 'Doddy' Sumsion

'You don't know what you don't know'

mdyde

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 3:02 am

Thanks very much, Robert.

Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support