It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

Help - deleted instruments!

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

andrewhj

Help - deleted instruments!

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 3:13 am

Help! Whilst loading a new instrument, I seem inadvertently to have deleted all the other organs on my PC. I can't understand how this has happened but I certainly can't locate or load them in the normal way! Moreover, I can't even find the Recycling Bin in File Explorer so as to try and get them restored again! Any ideas?

mdyde

Re: Help - deleted instruments!

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 4:50 am

Hello Andrew,

My first guess would be that somehow you accidentally moved or renamed one of Hauptwerk's main folders when browsing files/folders.

Assuming you're using Hauptwerk v5+ (since v4 is no longer officially supported), please:

- Use 'Help | Create a diagnostic file' in Hauptwerk, saving the file somewhere easy to find, such as to your desktop.

- Also in Hauptwerk, go to 'File | Uninstall ...'. Move the window (which is titled "Component Installer Actions") to the top of your monitor, and drag its bottom edge downwards to make it as tall as will fit on your monitor (so that as many entries as possible are visible).

- Without clicking on any other windows, hold down the Alt key, whilst pressing the PrintScreen key. That will copy an image of that (foreground) window to the Windows clipboard.

- Just click cancel to close the Component Installer Actions window.

- In your email application, start a new email.

- In the body of the email, press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot (which should still be on the Windows clipboard) into the email.

- Also attach the diagnostic file that you created above to the email.

- Address the email to support[at]hauptwerk.com, and also in its body text, refer to this forum topic.

That should allow Francois to see relevant system information, such as Hauptwerk's installation folders, and what components (organs, etc.) are currently present in them.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

andrewhj

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 6:08 am

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have emailed the screen print to you and await your reply.
A

mdyde

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 6:18 am

Thanks, Andrew. Francois handles that email address, and he's based in Canada, so there might be a small delay, due to the time difference.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support