It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

HW Version 6 download needed

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mdyde

Re: HW Version 6 download needed

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 1:29 pm

Thanks, Eric. If formatted in an appropriate format, both platforms should be able to read/write to it, e.g. see:

https://www.macworld.com/article/234613 ... ndows.html
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Eric Sagmuller

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 5:22 pm

Thanks Martin. I'll keep that in mind.

Eric

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 5:32 am

Hi Martin,

Of course I'm not sure about a few things again. I installed HW-7 on my organ computer, along with I-lok license manager and Hauptwerk Licensing packages. But when I try to access License Manager or HW-7, they say, "no internet connection" which of course I don't have on that machine.
I also am not sure about the license migration. I have two instructions that seem to differ a bit, the main manual, and the 4-7 upgrade. One mentions the license migration package to purchase, the other does not. Also, one seems to mentioning opening HW-7 for the migration, which also needs the internet to access the license manager. To have the two together, along with internet, I would need to install HW-7 on my Mac ( I have it there, but just for the transfer).

Thanks,
Eric

mdyde

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 6:47 am

Hello Eric,

You shouldn't normally need an Internet connection on the Hauptwerk computer provided that the iLok licence(s) are activated to your iLok dongle first, which you can do by using iLok License Manager on your Internet-connected computer, and then moving the dongle to the Hauptwerk computer.

Hence (assuming you haven't already done this) please try:

- Install iLok License Manager (iLM) on your Internet-connected computer.

- Within it, log into your iLok account. (Create one on the iLok.com website if you don't have one yet.)

- Attach your iLok dongle to that computer. A node for it should appear in the left-hand pane in iLM.

- Within iLM, use "Licenses | Redeem Activation Code" and enter the Hauptwerk v5 activation code that you received, which I believe would have been found in the automatic email that MDA's shop would have sent when you purchased it. When iLM asks you where to activate it, select your iLok dongle (not iLok Cloud).

- Still within iLM, use "Licenses | Redeem Activation Code" again, and this time enter the v5->v6 upgrade activation code (from that MDA shop order), and again select your iLok dongle as the destination. In the process iLM will prompt you that you need to 'surrender' the v5 licence in exchange, for which you need to select the v5 licence that's on your dongle (as a result of the previous step).

- Now repeat the last step again, this time redeeming the v6->v7 upgrade activation code, activating the resulting 7 licence to you dongle, and surrendering the v6 licence.

- In iLM click on the iLok dongle node in the left-hand pane, and verify that it now has a v7 licence within it (shown in the right-hand pane).

- Now move the iLok dongle to your Hauptwerk computer.

Does that allow you to launch Hauptwerk (v7) successfully on the Hauptwerk computer? (Your sample set licences won't be on the dongle yet, but you need to be able to run Hauptwerk first anyway.)
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 8:35 am

Hi Martin,

I did all that, but redeemed only one of the codes, although I don't remember which code I used of the 3 purchases. I just know that iLok showed I had redeemed the V7. I don't remember it asking me where to redeem it to, if it did I'm sure I selected dongle.

I'll go ahead and do the process again with all 3 codes this time as you instruct. I have copies of the their e-mails with the numbers. I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 9:06 am

Ok so I believe I used the V6 to V7 code and did not activate it, apparently. Anyway, I want to send you a screen shot of iLok. I'm not sure I can enter the V4 to V5 code now. I've never done a screen shot before, so am not sure how I can on this forum. Thanks

mdyde

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 10:54 am

Thanks, Eric. Francois is going to contact you via email later today to help with it.
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 am

Ok great, Martin. Thanks

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 12:32 pm

Good afternoon Eric,

I just emailed you. If additional information is needed, simply reply to the email.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager
Previous

Return to Technical support